Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Powder recommendations for compensated pistols

I am looking for powder recommendations for loading 9mm and 10mm compensated pistols, specifically Glock 19 and 29 models.

I load 200gr and 180gr projectiles for 10mm and 124gr and 147gr for 9mm.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    I not real familiar with compensated pistols but I would imagine you would want a ver clean burning powder. I only on occasion load for the 9mm, and it's been many years since I've loaded for the 10mm. But in both the 9mm and 45ACP regardless of what everybody says Bullseye is very clean burning in every handgun I've used it in over the last 40 + years. You'll want a good tight crimp. Most of the fowling will be a direct result of your bullet lube if you are shooting lead bullets. I am also not familiar with Glock, but have heard you need or should have a different barrel to run lead bullet through the Glocks. If Bullseye scares you, many folks afraid of a double charge, you will want a fast burning powder and possibly look at Power Pistol or some of the newer powders on the market. With jacketed bullet you shouldn't have to worry about bullet lube fowling your bore or compensator. I hope this is some way helps. Biggest problem I can see is with the lube on cast lead bullets. Let us know how it works out for you.

Title
    Premium Member
    Autocomp is supposed to be good for 9 and 45. Not sure about 10mm. It is a low flash powder designed for compensated pistols.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the responses!

I initially asked this question because I bought a Glock 19 upper with a threaded barrel that had a honeycomb compressor on it. It did not like my 115gr titegroup loads at all and my 124gr were not totally reliable either. Factory 124gr worked good.

Southwest precision arms was revamping their comp, and their first version got good reviews so I preordered their new comp. it came this week and I got to do some ammunition testing through it. It ate everything I fed it! Both my hand loads and factory. I have a bunch of titegroup so I think I will finish it up and then I do want to experiment with a few of these powders listed above.

I appreciate everyone input into this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk