Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 250-3000

Title
    Premium Member

250-3000

Recently traded into a 250-3000 Savage, not in a Model 99 but in a 110. Appears to be 1 in 10 twist. Have brass and dies an a goodly selection of bullets from loading 25-06. should be fun seeing what this fine old cartridge can do.

Title
    Administrator
    Nice!! The 250 Savage was always a nice cartridge for sure!!

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve recently been interested in the .250 Savage! It’s a cool round that should be way more popular than it is! I’ll be following this thread out of pure curiosity! If I ever find a good used .250 Savage, I’d probably jump on it. Either that, or I find a short action Savage for cheap to do a build on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I bought a Ruger 77 10 years ago in 250 savage. It was a special run that they did, stainless steel with manlicher stock. Beautiful beautiful rifle. I have never fired it, never even mounted a scope on it. I’ve got brass and dies, and plenty of bullets on the shelf. Hopefully in the next few months I will bust it out. I will post my results here when I do. First bullet I plan on trying is 100gr Speer spbt.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I got a barrel given to me and picked up a Savage donor gun a few months ago. It's a shooter for sure!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I loaded some 100 Grain Sierra SP Spitzer over IMR 4895 from start charge up to about half way up the chart. Will have to wait until this coming weekend to try them out.