Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tabascoman View Post
    They make 500 am brass. 250pcs are 200 bucks. That’s bordering my 458 socom price lol. I agree. I’m debating a 45 raptor build. But I want something that shoots rifle bullets. It’s in my mind. And not gonna change. That I’d rather shoot rifle bullets. I’m thinking about a 375 socom now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I know they make brass. I bought a bunch of it from Starline. I said so in my post you quoted though I guess not directly. Haha. I was just saying you can make your own 45 Raptor brass from cheap 308 brass. The 500 you are pretty much stuck with buying it.

I'm not sure where the lands are on 45 Raptor barrels but if they allow you to load bullets the full length of an AR10 mag and you know someone who makes copper bullets they could probably make some decent BC bullets but they would be specific to the 45 Raptor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    You can make 45Raptor out of 460 with one of those tabletop toy lathes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Title
    Premium Member
    "Problem" with the high pressure chamberings,when shot out of 10+ more inches of bbl than the bullets were designed/tested for,is the "extreme" velocity. The second problem is the bullets B.C. which is extremely low.
    But think about it . . . I say . . so what. These pistol bullets were designed for the closer distances. They are pretty wide,usually with a broad meplate. These bullets were not designed to fly a long ways.
    People have differences of opinion,but to me 200yds is about the distance that you should expect accuracy,energy transfer,and kill'ability on the larger game.
    Install a smallish scope with BDC,like the Nikon's,jump on the Spot On program and you should be all set.
    The big bore HIGH PRESSURE chamberings are a different game than the Bushmaster,SOCCOM,and the Beowulf. To me it is all about case strength (case web) and the weapon being built right,and I'm talkin' more than just bolt face and buffer + spring.
    If you want big bore,stick with the high pressure chamberings. To me . . . the arguement of . . "no good bullets available" is not a valid one. --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2