Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

Need a new Gun :shoot2:

Ok ladies I have some money burning a hole in my pocket andit will be going to a new firearm. I just don’t know what to get as I want somuch. Heed your help here. Also need to consider reloading cost and component availability.

Here is what I’m looking at is some .22/.17 HMR rifle, 9MM takedown AR pistol, Large Cal AR10 or a “Tactical shotgun” Something like the KelTec KSG.

Yes, nothing practical because I got all that stuff out ofthe way.

Here is what I already have and looking for something different;Multiple AR’s 223/556/300AAC Suppressed, Remington 700 6.5 Creed, Few Remington870, S&W 500, Many pistols from .22/9mm/.40/.45 (Mostly HK and S&W)

Title
    Administrator
    Ruger 10/22 Take Down

Title
    Premium Member
    We have a Savage 17 HMR. It's a lot of fun. Does some damage to squirrel too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    Ruger 10/22 Take Down
    Wes can I get .22 LR stuff from you!?

Title
    Premium Member
    Get you a AR15 in 458 socom. 265gr to 600gr bullets to load. I got one and I'm having fun

Title
    Administrator
    Lol... Well, sort of
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post

Title
    Premium Member
    22 LR is worthless to reload. It's a rimfire, not a center fire. So unless you want to spend hours on trying to redo a sealed primer (which is possible, but not exactly practical) I wouldn't waste my time trying. 22 is cheap again.

Title

Ok ladies I have some money burning a hole in my pocket andit will be going to a new firearm. I just don’t know what to get as I want somuch. Heed your help here. Also need to consider reloading cost and component availability.

Here is what I’m looking at is some .22/.17 HMR rifle, 9MM takedown AR pistol, Large Cal AR10 or a “Tactical shotgun” Something like the KelTec KSG.

Yes, nothing practical because I got all that stuff out ofthe way.

Here is what I already have and looking for something different;Multiple AR’s 223/556/300AAC Suppressed, Remington 700 6.5 Creed, Few Remington870, S&W 500, Many pistols from .22/9mm/.40/.45 (Mostly HK and S&W)
    I picked up a Ruger stainless 10/22 not too long ago. It's my first semi auto .22 and I'll have to say it's a shit ton of fun to shoot!! Super accurate, you can get 25 round mags (don't skimp, buy the BX 25 mags) and ammo is cheap!
    I also picked up an AK which I never really considered before and I'm glad I did! Much more fun and accurate than I thought it would be. Easy to reload for as well.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 270Win View Post
    22 LR is worthless to reload. It's a rimfire, not a center fire. So unless you want to spend hours on trying to redo a sealed primer (which is possible, but not exactly practical) I wouldn't waste my time trying. 22 is cheap again.

270Win I am aware of loading Rimfire. More just giving Wes a hard time for suggesting a caliber that won’t have me spending more money at his place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I can understand that. I just know a lot of people that swear up and down it's "more cost effective to reload". I seriously don't get it. Back when there was a shortage, I could understand it. The prices were ridiculous. But now? And people question *my* reloading. Mine at least does actually save money.