Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

260 Rem thoughts??

Got the Urge to get a new toy. I can get a great deal on a new Tikkia T3 Lite, 22.5 inch fluted barrel. Any success or horror Stories?? Plus how is Brass availability?

Title
    Premium Member
    It's great at burning up barrels

Sent from my Glade Fresh! Plugin using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    The 260 Remington is an excellent round. Accurate and easy recoiling. The tikka’s are typically very accurate rifles. I’d say that would be one hell of a set up, whitetail to elk, you would have it covered.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    IMO the 260Rem is not an overbore case. The 243Win is closer yet,with more velocity and is not considered a bbl burner.
    The 260 is usually used/loaded with heavy for bore sized bullets needing less powder and throat temps are kept somewhat lower. Consider that the 243 can be loaded with 55 and 58gr bullets to well over 4000fps. There is not a bullet made in .264" that can be loaded anywhere near that.
    I agree . . . the 260 and the 7-08 are great chamberings,capeable of killing some med to large sized game. --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    There are a lot more barrel burners than the .260. I don't have a .260 yet, but want one and Tikka is a good choice. It is a great caliber, better than the cm marketing scam.

Title
    Premium Member
    A RPR chambered in 260Rem with a 26" bbl and 1:8 twist would get me excited. (OR a 7mm-08 with same twist and bbl length)
    THEN . . . iffen I got bored with that I could easily turn it into a 260AI (OR 7-08AI ) --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    A RPR chambered in 260Rem with a 26" bbl and 1:8 twist would get me excited. (OR a 7mm-08 with same twist and bbl length)
    THEN . . . iffen I got bored with that I could easily turn it into a 260AI (OR 7-08AI ) --- SAWMAN
    Right, buy one in cm takeoff the barrel and find a bandwagon fan to sell it to for a stupid price...like gold value, then get a real caliber!

Title
    Premium Member
    It’s a good one to get into long slippery bullets and avoid all the CM fan boi bullshit. Wes often has brass and bullets. Custom barrels like a Bartlein are going 2500-3000 rounds before dropping off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    The 260 Remington is an excellent round. Accurate and easy recoiling. The tikka’s are typically very accurate rifles. I’d say that would be one hell of a set up, whitetail to elk, you would have it covered.

JTD
    TY for the info

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backcountry View Post
    It’s a good one to get into long slippery bullets and avoid all the CM fan boi bullshit. Wes often has brass and bullets. Custom barrels like a Bartlein are going 2500-3000 rounds before dropping off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. I should have one. But, I have dies for the 257 Bob so I should get one of those.....another good caliber. Although I have a 25-06. Maybe the .260 will come first.