Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

Hand gun for my wife

Quote Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 View Post
    I recommend a Sig P938.... it perfect for smaller hands with the 6 rd mag, and also very nice for larger hands with the 7rd mag

My GF and I both carry them, although that’s not my primary carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Ditto .... a great gun. If she has any strength problems maybe a P238, with its very easy slide manipulation, would be in order.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    My S&W M&P Compact 2.0 is a great pistol. With some Hornady Critical Duty or Critical Defense you'd be well off. Or a self defense hand load.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Beretta Px storm is a nice shooter lil hard to conceal,I have the subcompact in 9mm still all bulky but not bad never had a compact in hand,been shooting it for over a yr and it is joy in all aspects,I put a lazer on it and wife took to it like a duck to water

Title
    Premium Member
    My opinions - - -> First of all your wife does not need a 40. A 9mm will have enough power to quickly dispatch any BG. There are different levels of power (terminal ballistics) available in 9mm ammo. Tons of different bullets at different vels.
    There are some quite small 9mm's. Take a look at the Glock 43 or 26. Make sure that the weapon she chooses is big enough for her to get a proper grip on it. With size of weapon and power produced by weapon there is a "law of deminishing returns".
    You can carry a 22LR or a 500S&W mag . . . what is right for you probably falls somewhere in between.
    Ammo cost will be somewhat less with the 9mm also. Use the lower powered stuff at first. Gradually work up to her carry ammo,but even her carry ammo really does not have to be the kick ass,+P stuff.
    Good luck with your search. Let us know what she decides on,and why. --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I am fading out 40 and going solely 9mm. But that is just me. Wife hated her lc9 and got a q walther pps. My new pistol is a 19x and my next pistol will be a h&k vp9-b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Why are you fading out 40? I don't have one but I do have about 10 gallons of brass for it so it is probable that I eventually have one
    Quote Originally Posted by reactorpwr View Post
    I am fading out 40 and going solely 9mm. But that is just me. Wife hated her lc9 and got a q walther pps. My new pistol is a 19x and my next pistol will be a h&k vp9-b.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member

Hand gun for my wife

Quote Originally Posted by 4jorgies View Post
    Why are you fading out 40? I don't have one but I do have about 10 gallons of brass for it so it is probable that I eventually have one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    As the ballistics of 9mm can easily make that of 40 and i can carry more rounds in a same/smaller frame. Plus the wife finds 40 to be too much to handle so she only carries 9. Plus easier to buy and stock only 9mm reloading stuff.

I wont sell my 40s or reloading supplies. Just wont be buying more of it.

Title
    Premium Member
    357 magnum revolver should be a consideration. Load it up with 38 specials for most practice and the 357s for some practice and carry.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Max View Post
    357 magnum revolver should be a consideration. Load it up with 38 specials for most practice and the 357s for some practice and carry.

Get her a .357 SIG and you have the .357 Magnum 125 grain ballistics pretty much, but the capability of having more rounds in a smaller frame platform.
    "Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    I jumped on one of these. They have 90 day Layaway too.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/47774

Title
    Premium Member
    I guess I have a LCR in .38 Special which I also got from Whittakers a while back for $300. I really like it. It is actually very accurate too. Your wife could have it in a purse or a pocket and pull the trigger. Since it has a covered hammer it would not catch on anything and would go bang. Nice feature IMO.