Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

Question Barnes TTSX bullets feedback?

Hi...Was thinking about giving the TTSX pills a shot this year out of an AR for deer. They have a 62 grain that looks good on paper, just wondering if anyone in this community has first hand experience with them. Shot will be from a blind, 75-125yds max...thanks in advance

Title
    Premium Member
    I know a couple guys that have had great results with them. I personally haven’t though. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Never shot the 62's, but all I shoot for hunting are Barnes TTSX in .257 Weatherby, 25-06, 7mm Weatherby, 30-06, and 300 Weatherby. Performance has been shocking. Haven't recovered a Bullet yet.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elkoholic73 View Post
    Hi...Was thinking about giving the TTSX pills a shot this year out of an AR for deer. They have a 62 grain that looks good on paper, just wondering if anyone in this community has first hand experience with them. Shot will be from a blind, 75-125yds max...thanks in advance
    My old man dropped one this past season at about 120 with that same projectile with his 20” 223 AR. Took about four steps, and that was all she wrote.

Title
    Administrator
    In an AR, go with the 65gr Sierra hands down. WAY more accurate than the Barnes

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ll agree to that, but the result was decisive. 45-ish caliber exit, textbook placement, no doubt the damn thing worked!

What kind of expansion y’all see with the game kings?

Title
    Premium Member
    I love them in a 22-250 and I use them in almost all of my weatherby's they are probably the best whitetail bullet I've ever used for a small caliber. The game kings are next on my list.

Title
    Premium Member
    My dad killed 5 deer with his 257 weatherby the first year he switched to TTSX. 2 in CA and 3 in Texas. Great performance he said. I've killed two hogs with them and recovered one (bullet). The whole lead free faux science / condor deal out here made a lot of people anti barnes but the bullets are good.

Title
    Premium Member
    I bought some for my 338 and 375. I am giving them a try this year.

Title
    Premium Member
    They are a good bullet and shoot well out of all my guns. I have never had a problem with barns killing or grouping. And in .224 they seem to hit hard I tipped a PA deer over with a 53 grain out of 22-250 .

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk