Quote Originally Posted by Bigun View Post
Ive tried about every bullet and setup in the 300 blk realm.
I know Berry’s isn’t a house brand around here but Ive pretty much settled on the 220 plated for subsonic suppressed work. My 2nd place is the 245gn hi-tek coated Missouri bullets but I was worried about leading up a $1k can. Actually had the best terminal performance and accuracy with them.
Everyone keeps trying to sell me 220 noslers or hornady jacketed bullets, but it’s not worth the cost if you’re shooting a lot IMO and there is absolutely zero deformation on impact.
The 180 plated wes sells dont cycle with the can removed on my rig and that makes me uneasy, plus it’s not near the energy of the heavier bullet. I kill everything from moles to hogs with it so it’s gotta function the gun.
Supposedly the Lehigh’s are “the best” but holy crap they were like $1/bullet back when I priced them. Not for me either.
Definitely some room for improvement in the market in this area. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not uncommon to not cycle without the suppressor, especially with a rifle length gas setup. There just isn't enough pressure to push the bolt back. The other possibilities it wont cycle without the can might be wrong size gas hole in your barrel or gas block. You could also have an alignment problem between the two. The suppressor back pressure is forcing more gas back to cycle the action. Some have tried to drill out the gas holes, but then you over pressure with super sonic rounds and beat the crap out of the gun while cycling.

If if it works properly with the suppressor then I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s working as expected.

It is rather difficult shooting heavy 308 bullets a lot and keeping the cost down.
It’s one of the reasons I built a 9mm AR. Much cheaper, but not great for hog hunting.