Received some of these 124gn HP bullets from Wes from X-Treme and after looking at the "web" found out a lot of people were using Power Pistol for a bunch of 9mm loads but also found out that because of the muzzle flash from Power Pistol a lot of people were starting to use Alliant BE-86 as it's about the same burn rate and has a flash suppressant so I bought a pound to try it out. Alliant shows MAX of 5.9gn with a OAL of 1.12 with a start of -10% or around 5.3.

I also saw several out there were using loads as low as 4.7 with good results so I loaded a ladder of 4.6, 4.8, 5.0, 5.2, 5.4 and 5.6 for my Springfield XDM with a 5.25" barrel and took them to the range today. I am using an OAL of 1.11 as the X-Treme 124's were hitting the lands at 1.133 and I usually start off with a .020 safety margin.

1st 2 loads at 4.6 and 4.8gns of BE-86 I threw out as patterns were random and the cases were very sooty from not sealing up.

5.0 through 5.6gns looked very promising but still wondering if I should try up to the MAX end for best performance.

Has anyone else used the Xtreme 124gn bullets with BE-86 and if so what was the best combination and was it at the higher end?

Here's some pic's of the 5 shot groups @ 25' off a sandbag.
5.0.JPG5.2.JPG5.4.JPG5.6.JPG