Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnetospeed V3

Title

Magnetospeed V3

This thread will be about my experience with this chronograph and my reloading journey now that I have it. I bought it at TruTactical for $343 brand new. First impressions are that it’s fairly nice. The instructions are very simple and setup seems to be straight forward. The display screen is simple and intuitive with 3 buttons for easy navigation and adjusting settings. I expect all of this given that it costs (normally) $380. I can’t wait to try it out on some loads and see what velocities I’m running. This was never really a priority until I started my .358 Yeti build. Stay tuned folks and if you have this chronograph please feel free to drop any tips and tricks down below!

That’s the beauty of what we can do as reloaders
    An armed society is a polite society

Title

Title
    I’m so lost on what to buy..... I’ve never used one I really liked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 View Post
    I’m so lost on what to buy..... I’ve never used one I really liked.

All I’ve got hear me is an indoor range so I’m limited to things I can do. Wish I could set up a chrono a few feet from the stall but it just doesn’t work like that. Setting it up isn’t all too bad but I’m still nervous about shooting it

Title
    I gotta reach out to one of my 135 buddies.... see if he doesn’t have a place.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    All I’ve got hear me is an indoor range so I’m limited to things I can do. Wish I could set up a chrono a few feet from the stall but it just doesn’t work like that. Setting it up isn’t all too bad but I’m still nervous about shooting it
    I've had a Chrony Beta Master for 10+ years. At first, I was a bit nervous about shooting it, but that went away after the first few shots. I dial the scope all the way to minimum power and scan to ensure I'm aimed properly. I've shot everything from 17 to 50, 12 gauge, and archery through it without issue.

Title
    Finally got some range time with the chrony! I have to say it is pretty funky to set up and my only gripe is the mount. It is a PITA to loosen and tighten the strap. And the knob on the bottom loves to fall out when you back it off to remove the bayonet. Once you get that all situated you plug and play. The menu is super simple to navigate and one read of the instructions and you’ve got it down pat. So far I’m really loving the connivence of how small it is and that I can use it at my indoor range where I have no access beyond the shooting window. I haven’t shot it yet so that’s a plus! I wish it did come with more spacer options but I have a combination that seems to work well so far! Worth the money for sure in my opinion. Possibly more to follow if I think of anything else

Title
    Premium Member
    Try the picatinny mount instead of the strap. Its much easier to take on and off and stays put.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by texascavediver View Post
    Try the picatinny mount instead of the strap. Its much easier to take on and off and stays put.
    My rail doesn’t stick out far enough on any of my rifles but I did consider it

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    My rail doesn’t stick out far enough on any of my rifles but I did consider it
    I use one of these: https://mkmachining.com/product/magnetomount/ on my guns with long barrels or suppressors.