Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Fun and flexible firearm

I have had this thing for a while. It is pretty fun. It is a Thompson Encore Pro Hunter in .300 BLK. Just a Bergara barrel, but I am very happy with the accuracy. MGM would have been better, but price would have been more of course. Since I reload I enjoy the flexibility of this rifle and caliber. You can shoot anything from 110 grains up to 240 gr. I ended up with some 30-06 Nam era tracer bullet pulls and loaded them into this beast. It is pretty fun to shoot them. Took a buddy out and we consistently hammered a 8x10" piece of steel at 200 yards all day long. Not sure if it is my powder is lacking heat/power, the age of the bullets, or what...but the tracers don't ignite until roughly 100 yards out. It was still a blast.
    I also have a suppressor that I run on it. It is FUN, especially shooting steel. Makes it so much more entertaining. My brother in law said his .22s are all louder when you run heavy bullets through the BLK suppressed. Anyway, just thought I would throw this set up out here since I had the time.

TC Pro.jpg

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledslnger View Post
    I have had this thing for a while. It is pretty fun. It is a Thompson Encore Pro Hunter in .300 BLK. Just a Bergara barrel, but I am very happy with the accuracy. MGM would have been better, but price would have been more of course. Since I reload I enjoy the flexibility of this rifle and caliber. You can shoot anything from 110 grains up to 240 gr. I ended up with some 30-06 Nam era tracer bullet pulls and loaded them into this beast. It is pretty fun to shoot them. Took a buddy out and we consistently hammered a 8x10" piece of steel at 200 yards all day long. Not sure if it is my powder is lacking heat/power, the age of the bullets, or what...but the tracers don't ignite until roughly 100 yards out. It was still a blast.
    I also have a suppressor that I run on it. It is FUN, especially shooting steel. Makes it so much more entertaining. My brother in law said his .22s are all louder when you run heavy bullets through the BLK suppressed. Anyway, just thought I would throw this set up out here since I had the time.

TC Pro.jpg
    Cool setup!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I agree. A single shot 300BLK is pretty versatile. I own a bolt,a semi auto,and a single shot. I seem to shoot the single shot the most. It is one of the origional NEF Handi Rifles (AAC Edition). With it's youth stock and 16" bbl it is light and compact. I carry it in a gun rack on my Bad Boy Buggy. It wears a Leupold 2-7X33 scope with heavy duplex.
    When I am putting together a new load for it,I simply take the bbl off,drop a loaded round in the chamber,and lay a small streight edge across the top of the chamber. If the streight edge will rock back and forth a tiny bit,they are good to go.
    It absolutely loves the Barnes TAC-TX 110gr. black tips and 130gr (Barnes) Remington Hog Hammer "pulls". The Sierra155gr Palma bullets shoot great also.
    Every 300BLK shooter deserves one in single shot. --- SAWMAN
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I really love my single shot. Lots of people want to shoot it and everyone seems to enjoy it. I don’t have a bolt action in BLK, but I have an AR and an AR pistol in it. The pistol is my truck gun. Will post a pic, it’s a pretty good setup too imo.
    5D75872E-6444-4872-9B39-4524ACC4FBCA.jpeg

Title
    Premium Member
    You have a heck of a brake on your ss. Bet it hardly moves when shooting. Been looking for a NEF in maybe .357 mag to ream to Maximum. Probably won’t find one. Been searching a long time. Need to sell a rifle before I can afford one though.