Looks good man!

That’s the beauty of what we can do as reloaders
    Absolutely! Thank you! [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Title
    The AK ran flawlessly with my reloads, pretty darn happy about that! I'll have to admit, I wasn't too sure about an AK but it was a shit ton of fun to shoot! Thanks for all the input!

Title
    Premium Member
    Cool. I'm glad it worked well for you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by EUDE75 View Post
    Cool. I'm glad it worked well for you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Title
    Premium Member
    Back in the day when I first started reloading for my SKS rifles I shot lots of jacketed bullets from all the major bullet mfg. that made .310 & .311" dia. bullets, I wanted to see which ones shot the most accurately before I stocked up. Bulk bullets in those diameters in the 123 to 150 gr. ranges were fairly cheap back then, I even tried a few .308" dia. bullets I had lying around just to see how they would do an needless to say they didn't shoot very accurately at all.

All my SKS rifles of which I have 3 from 3 different countries or origin have .311" groove bores and shoot the most accurately with the .310" dia. bullets followed by the 150 gr. in .311" mainly any of the Hornady FMJ,SP or V-Max offerings in 123 gr. are excellent. I have a good supply of the FMJ an SP's stashed away fora rainy day as I mainly shoot my cast lead or powder coated cast bullets about 99% of the time these day.

Reloader #7 works well with both jacketed as well as cast lead bullets and IMR or H-4895 does as well, with Alliant 2400 being just for cast lead only. I picked up a lb. of the Hodgdon CFE Black a while back but I haven't had time to work on any loads using that powder as of yet. I hear you can get some higher velocities with lower pressures with that powder.

Here are few examples of some loads I worked with over the years.

Cast loads, Lee 160 gr. TL, NOE 155 gr. RNFP, Lee 185 gr. RN.

And just because I could and did and they cycles through the action just fine and were minute of pop can at 50 yds.
    'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Reloader762 View Post
    Back in the day when I first started reloading for my SKS rifles I shot lots of jacketed bullets from all the major bullet mfg. that made .310 & .311" dia. bullets, I wanted to see which ones shot the most accurately before I stocked up. Bulk bullets in those diameters in the 123 to 150 gr. ranges were fairly cheap back then, I even tried a few .308" dia. bullets I had lying around just to see how they would do an needless to say they didn't shoot very accurately at all.

All my SKS rifles of which I have 3 from 3 different countries or origin have .311" groove bores and shoot the most accurately with the .310" dia. bullets followed by the 150 gr. in .311" mainly any of the Hornady FMJ,SP or V-Max offerings in 123 gr. are excellent. I have a good supply of the FMJ an SP's stashed away fora rainy day as I mainly shoot my cast lead or powder coated cast bullets about 99% of the time these day.

Reloader #7 works well with both jacketed as well as cast lead bullets and IMR or H-4895 does as well, with Alliant 2400 being just for cast lead only. I picked up a lb. of the Hodgdon CFE Black a while back but I haven't had time to work on any loads using that powder as of yet. I hear you can get some higher velocities with lower pressures with that powder.

And just because I could and did and they cycles through the action just fine and were minute of pop can at 50 yds.
    Great information! Thanks for sharing it, I'm looking forward to loading more for this rifle. It honestly performed much better than I thought it would.

Title

Should add, I was using A1680 to push 123gr Hornady SP's. Had a box of factory Hornady 123gr SST's and honestly couldn't tell the difference between the two.

Title
    Premium Member
    Should add, I was using A1680 to push 123gr Hornady SP's. Had a box of factory Hornady 123gr SST's and honestly couldn't tell the difference between the two.
    When I saw the first pic I figured that was the powder you were using. I started out with AA1680 in the X 39 an had excellent results with it but anything made by Accurate became hard to find in this area back during the last powder primer shortage so I switched over to Reloader #7 got the same results an never looked back and it's more versatile in lots of other cast rifle loads as well.

Here is one of my old test load targets from my load workup days many years ago.
    'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder

Title
    When I saw the first pic I figured that was the powder you were using. I started out with AA1680 in the X 39 an had excellent results with it but anything made by Accurate became hard to find in this area back during the last powder primer shortage so I switched over to Reloader #7 got the same results an never looked back and it's more versatile in lots of other cast rifle loads as well.

Here is one of my old test load targets from my load workup days many years ago.
    Very nice! I started at 25.5gns with zero signs of pressure. Need to load up some more and take my chronograph with.