Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock g19x

Title
    Premium Member

Glock g19x

So my latest purchase was a g19x (my first glock ever fyi). Have some 124gr HP’s that I reloaded for my other 9mms. The other brands run them like a champ with no issues. This new pistol had 6 FTE’s, roughly the same amount of stove pipes, and equally as many FTL’s of the 19 in the mag. Only thing I can think of is they were not loaded hot enough for this glock. Reloaded my 3 mags with fiocchi 115gr RNs (known to be a hot factory load) and it ran like a champ.

So my questions for all you glock owners:

1. Is it typical for glocks to need hotter rounds than other guns?

2. Is there a specific flavor of HPs that glocks prefer?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Buddy of mine that is local, is having all the same issues. Keeps coming here to get different bullets to try out.
    Not sure what the issue is with it. He is now getting it to shoot OK with really hot loads.
    Sorry to say, looks like this one may be a Glock Flop
    Never been a fan of them personally, and this just seems crappy all the way around

Title
    Premium Member
    That sucks to hear. May wind up being a dust collector when it is all done.

If i can sell some stuff, I may look at a 17. Just don’t know what gen i’d rather.

Trying to become a reserve deputy for local PD. Asked me if I had a 9mm pistol and I said sure do, M9 is my regular carry. They first agreed to letting me use it but changed their tune weeks later and said 9mm glock (didn’t say flavor). Only thing I can see as far as why glock is if someone runs out of mags. Toss them a spare to continue in the fight. My M9 devours any round i throw at it. Military trusted it for 30+ years, why can’t they? Sad day.

Title
    Administrator
    I fully agree!! SOunds dumb to me.
    Want me to carry a specific gun, you have to supply me with one. What if people have 2 different glocks, say a 19 and a 17? The mag thing goes out the window

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by reactorpwr View Post
    So my latest purchase was a g19x (my first glock ever fyi). Have some 124gr HP’s that I reloaded for my other 9mms. The other brands run them like a champ with no issues. This new pistol had 6 FTE’s, roughly the same amount of stove pipes, and equally as many FTL’s of the 19 in the mag. Only thing I can think of is they were not loaded hot enough for this glock. Reloaded my 3 mags with fiocchi 115gr RNs (known to be a hot factory load) and it ran like a champ.

So my questions for all you glock owners:

1. Is it typical for glocks to need hotter rounds than other guns?

2. Is there a specific flavor of HPs that glocks prefer?

Thanks

My new S&W M&P 2.0 Compact (new gun) did not like my target loads I run in my 92FS. Same issues you are having. Had a bunch of 9mm that was loaded much warmer and the gun ate that stuff no problemo. Ran about 600 rounds through it and now it cycles the light stuff with no issues.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Just an update. Ran to wally world to buy random hp ammo this morning. Got some 115gr hp, 124gr hp, and 147gr hp. New pistol shot all 3 flavors with no issues.

I am guessing my problem is that my reloads were indeed too low power for the pistol to cycle properly. I don’t believe it is the shape of the xtreme hp’s at all.

Title
    Administrator
    Good to hear!!
    Just an update. Ran to wally world to buy random hp ammo this morning. Got some 115gr hp, 124gr hp, and 147gr hp. New pistol shot all 3 flavors with no issues.

I am guessing my problem is that my reloads were indeed too low power for the pistol to cycle properly. I don’t believe it is the shape of the xtreme hp’s at all.

Title

Definitely a light load issue. Could put a lower recoil spring in as well.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    Definitely a light load issue. Could put a lower recoil spring in as well.

Thinking i will just increase the load instead of swapping the spring. I reload 9mm typically halfway between min and max load per manufacturers recipe. Will cook up a batch that is closer to max when i get back to having time to reload.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Title
    Thinking i will just increase the load instead of swapping the spring. I reload 9mm typically halfway between min and max load per manufacturers recipe. Will cook up a batch that is closer to max when i get back to having time to reload.

Thanks everyone for the support.

[emoji106]