Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Herters 234 super turret

tiny single stage finally gave up the ghost a few weeks ago, and its successor arrived yesterday, all 42 pounds of it, anyone else using herters equipment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Administrator
    Looks like a beefy monster for sure!!!

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCol View Post
    tiny single stage finally gave up the ghost a few weeks ago, and its successor arrived yesterday, all 42 pounds of it, anyone else using herters equipment?

My dad had a dual ram Herters press and a scale

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    How’d the dual ram work for him? So far I’m noticing a few things about this turret that I don’t like, however overall I’m blown away by how well it’s built, having to use a shell holder adapter sucks, the press handle not holding itself olio is something that’s I need to rig up something to deal with, and the ram and turret are on an angle, so you have to guide rounds up into the dies because with the sloppy shell holders Lee sells the whole case likes to tip back slightly.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCol View Post
    How’d the dual ram work for him? So far I’m noticing a few things about this turret that I don’t like, however overall I’m blown away by how well it’s built, having to use a shell holder adapter sucks, the press handle not holding itself olio is something that’s I need to rig up something to deal with, and the ram and turret are on an angle, so you have to guide rounds up into the dies because with the sloppy shell holders Lee sells the whole case likes to tip back slightly.

Unfortunately Herters had a proprietary shell holder and yes the handle doesn't stay up. My dad used and old towel ties in a loop around the handle over the press to keep the handle out of the way. There strong but have some shortcomings, the dual ram you mount you sizer and seater for rifle then your not swapping dies. Made lots of ammo with it. My brother took it when my dad passed not sure where it is. The shell holder issue is the big problem IMO.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk