Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Premium Member
    Loading a hundred rounds of 44 Mag on the old single stage as we speak Relaxing and just makes me feel good lol IMG_1045.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunshot View Post
    Loading a hundred rounds of 44 Mag on the old single stage as we speak Relaxing and just makes me feel good lol IMG_1045.jpg

Nice!

JTD

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Dufour View Post
    I normally load on my Dillon 550, and that is usually 45acp. 9mm, 5.56, or 308. I rarely shoot my wheel guns anymore, but had the itch to play with the Python a few days ago.

Aaackkkk... I had no .38 or .357 except some high dollar factory self defense 357. SOOOO... I dug out tons of brass, wet tumble, dry, and sort out the .38 from the .357. As the brass is drying in the old food dehydrator, I go to set up the Dillon. Hmmm... no conversion kit, no powder / expander funnel, no shell plate, no buttons! I had not even thought about needing these parts to set up the Dillon until I had already pulled my rarely used 300 B.O. dies from a head! Do I order parts and wait? NOPE!

SINGLE STAGE TIME

Attachment 751

I pulled out the single stage and went back to my roots. I really had forgotten how enjoyable loading on a single stage could be! Usually my single stage is for a hand full of special work ups, or de-priming rifle rounds before cleaning. It had been years since I loaded a quantity of any rounds. 500 rounds of .357 will soon be tucked away, and the money I could spend to set up the Dillon may go to Wes for more pills!
    You've inspired me to tumble my .357.38 brass and fire up the single stage!! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    You've inspired me to tumble my .357.38 brass and fire up the single stage!! [emoji16]

I’m with you Cody. I hate being one-uped lol. As soon as I finish these 44 Mag I’m breaking out a couple hundred rounds of 357 Mag lol. I have to admit I have a turret press as well as 2 single stage but only use it for 45 acp and 9mm. I short a ton of 45 acp and my kids go through 9mm like it’s candy so I have to use it to keep up with them !!

Title
    I’m with you Cody. I hate being one-uped lol. As soon as I finish these 44 Mag I’m breaking out a couple hundred rounds of 357 Mag lol. I have to admit I have a turret press as well as 2 single stage but only use it for 45 acp and 9mm. I short a ton of 45 acp and my kids go through 9mm like it’s candy so I have to use it to keep up with them !!

I only have a single stage so I make time to reload at least every other day. Sometimes I get lucky and can get a full uninterrupted day in and can accomplish quite a bit. Managed 1,200 rounds of .223 and 400 9mm in three days. And that's a fairly relaxed pace. The beauty of the single stage is that I rarely run out of reloading components. That way I can always get a little therapy time in. [emoji4]

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    I only have a single stage so I make time to reload at least every other day. Sometimes I get lucky and can get a full uninterrupted day in and can accomplish quite a bit. Managed 1,200 rounds of .223 and 400 9mm in three days. And that's a fairly relaxed pace. The beauty of the single stage is that I rarely run out of reloading components. That way I can always get a little therapy time in. [emoji4]

That is pretty good on a single stage Slow and steady in the world of reloading is a good thing

Title
    That is pretty good on a single stage Slow and steady in the world of reloading is a good thing

Yup! [emoji16]

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    I'm with Cody. Will never go to anything but single stage.
    I especially love the part when you seat the bullet,reach in and take the finished product out of the shell holder. Your eyes get wide,your heart rate goes up a few beats,you blow on it,then proudly put it in the loading block,where it stands big and tall right along side the rest of your "children".
    Well . . . kinda. Come on guys . . . 'fess up--- SAWMAN

The feels....