Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Premium Member
    All the videos about taking your time are true. Also go easy and slow with the heat, maybe a hair dryer instead of a heat gun (my heat gun is crazy hot).

Trimming: they all say take a sharp razor knife (a must have) and then trim some overlap. This is why you want as few pieces as possible. If I was doing it again, I’d make 1 piece to wrap the whole stock with a single seam on the bottom and a second piece that is cut around the trigger guard and ends where the barrel floats.

But again, this cost $14 and about three beers while watching Monday night football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Looks great for a first time experience with an affordable wrap! And if you don’t like it you’re only out $14 and one evening at home. Keep us updated with durability if you can
    An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    I used a hair dryer and it just took forever trying to heat up the areas that need to really stretch to mold. I will be taking the AR coyote calling soon so we'll see how well it will hold up

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Guys, will advise how it holds up, although I’m shifting my spare time towards ice fishing pretty soon (-5f tonight up here)

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Twite View Post
    Guys, will advise how it holds up, although I’m shifting my spare time towards ice fishing pretty soon (-5f tonight up here)

My lil brother used the the gun wrap to do his goose gun Bennelli with a synthetic stock he took his time we hunt Early goose and regular season temps range from 80's to low 30's his lasted well for 2 yrs,the third his started getting some peeling,not saying they dont work and our goose guns take abuse,just reporting what I have seen your mileage may vary