Premium Member
    Now that’s funny!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Nice.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Title
    Premium Member
    Some years ago,I stood and watched the salesman at the gun dept. counter in Academy,mount a scope for a guy that bought a new bolt gun.
    Problem was . . . he had the scope rotated 90deg. It was a two turret scope and he had the elevation at 9oclock and the windage at 12oclock.
    I tried to explain it to him however he was clearly smarter than me. Even the customer sided with him. So I apologized for being wrong and walked off. --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    Some years ago,I stood and watched the salesman at the gun dept. counter in Academy,mount a scope for a guy that bought a new bolt gun.
    Problem was . . . he had the scope rotated 90deg. It was a two turret scope and he had the elevation at 9oclock and the windage at 12oclock.
    I tried to explain it to him however he was clearly smarter than me. Even the customer sided with him. So I apologized for being wrong and walked off. --- SAWMAN
    Haha wow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I was in Gander Mountain one night before rifle season several years ago and the guy behind the counter was boresighting gums and handing them over telling people they were sighted in and ready to hunt the next morning. Wonder how many people missed/crippled deer?

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
    I was in Gander Mountain one night before rifle season several years ago and the guy behind the counter was boresighting gums and handing them over telling people they were sighted in and ready to hunt the next morning. Wonder how many people missed/crippled deer?

That's horrible

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have been in quite a few gun shops and watched a horror story unfold right before my eyes. It was called . . . "free boresighting with the purchase of a gun and scope". Even several shops that were otherwise "in the know" on all things,guns.
    The very worse ones are the shops that want to sell the rifle with scope as a package deal. Makes ya wanna scream !! --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    It is sad that quality of gun store employees that you see. The big box stores are the worst because the Store Manager initially hires some of them and if that person is clueless well he can fall for people off the street blowing fluff and hire them. Then the issue propagates IMO. You just keep getting clowns in there. It is nice to walk into a store where the owner or counter people are informed. I walked into one small town store and chatted with the owner and one of his customers....an old timer. After and hour the old timer told me that I knew my stuff.....unlike most people. I got a good laugh about that and think of it now because that is the other side of the coin. You have clueless employees and customers in some instances. Years ago when I went into the big stores the gun counter guys wouldn't help me because I looked really young for my age. Guess they figured I couldn't afford to buy them. If they worked commission....their mistake.