Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

Am I the only one who doesn't care much for Unique?

I mainly shoot guns that can be carried, so the barrel length is typically by definition shorter. I think if I went to a longer barrel gun, my problem with it would go away. But, when I shoot rounds I've loaded with Unique, I end up with unburned powder all over my hands and wrists. I really wanted to love that powder, because it is quite versatile and can be used in about any caliber. But I tend to gravitate now toward the faster burning powders instead. Now, if I end up with a lever action 357 magnum, I might just revisit this at some point.

Title
    Administrator
    I use it for Cowboy loads in my revolvers only.
    For all my other pistol laods, AA#2, AA#7, and AA#9 are all I personally use.
    Best velocity for me in all my calibers, least recoil, and very accurate

Title
    Premium Member
    You're not the only one. I use W231 and bullseye. Its not called yucknique for nothing. Lol. Its a good powder but it is messy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I use it in all of my revolvers for plinking loads. I used it for years for my 1911’s with cast bullets, but have recently gone away from it and made the switch to plates bullets. You definitely are not the only one out there, seems that unique is much less popular than it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Try some BE86. You'll like it.

Title
    Premium Member
    I don’t use it as much as I used to I have a bunch of it so still load it in 44 Mag but have found if I put a good crimp on and shoot it in my 7.5 inch SBH it is not near as dirty have switched to titegroup for all my pistol loads

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunshot View Post
    I don’t use it as much as I used to I have a bunch of it so still load it in 44 Mag but have found if I put a good crimp on and shoot it in my 7.5 inch SBH it is not near as dirty have switched to titegroup for all my pistol loads

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about, Titegroup is a fast burning powder, in fact not many burn faster and I have had nothing but good luck with it. You just have to be vigilant in checking your powder charge to be sure you didn't dump a double charge, which would be very easy to do. I typically use faster powders like Bullseye, W231, Titegroup, Red Dot, and a couple of others. I'm not opposed to some of the other powders listed here, in fact if I have a major fault in reloading, it's probably that I have too many powders laying around, but it gives me options.

Title
    Premium Member
    I use Red Dot for my 32mag. My 38spl, 357mag, 45acp, 44mag and spl all get Power Pistol. Back when I had a 9mm and loaded for it, it got Silohuette. I've got a friend that uses Unique and I've never heard him complain. I'll bring your complaints up next time we shoot.

Title
    I dislike, but over look the dirtiness.....

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    I am not a fan of Unique. My go to powders are W231 and Titegroup. I have a bit of an issue getting a consistent supply of the Titegroup when I am back east so 231 is my default choice.
    Nemo me impune lacessit