Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 420 de

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledslnger View Post
    I roll with the ....204 Ruger...460 Smith,.....
    Two I also shoot. The 204 more than the 460. The 460 S&W was on a T/C Encore I purchased. The pistol, not the ultra bad ass Katahdin.

The 204 is for moles, coyotes, and ground hogs. It’s an exceptional round that doesn’t get enough love. For those that don’t see a use, it’s a lot quieter than the 22 centerfires and just an exceptionally accurate cartridge.

The 460 is for, well, shooting neighbors mad about the sound of the 204? Lol. I really have no use for the 460, especially with my 15inch barrel. I mostly don’t use it. I’d imagine it’d do good on hogs, deer, etc but I don’t hunt anymore due to limited mobility. I have used it to punch paper but it’s a lot of powder for that usage. I’ll keep it for braggin rights until someone offers me a different barrel in trade.

Title
    Premium Member
    I read (and re-read) the article linked above by Ledsinger. Then got out some of my old info on my DE.
    I bought it in 1991. Bought the 440CorBon bbl for it in 1993. It was an older,origional MK1. Serno was 323XXX.
    I put aftermarket sights on it. Bright orange adjustable rear and orange blade style front. Unknown brand. I also put aftermarket Hogue grips on it.
    Re. the article - - -> It does not say what brass it uses. However it does mention 50A&E. It "looks" exactly like a 440CorBon to me. Simply necked down from 50 to 429. My 440 was fast,but that was coming from 10 inches of bbl.
    The article states that only two bullets are offered,with 240gr being the heaviest. Hmmmmm . . . wondering why no 265,275,300,etc ??
    Do not have any of my 440 loading notes anymore. Had chrono data also at one time . . but gone now.
    IMO - - -> If the bullet speeds in the artical are true,my guess that this "new and better" chambering is either a 440 rebranded or 50A&E brass with a thicker web.
    We'll see when this gets out into the public domain. --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    Yep, it may be a bit yet. Next SHOT show.....doesn’t say really that I remember.