Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Vent for the day, Field and Stream BS/attempted gun purchase

While I typically opt to not purchase guns from F&S after their BS with being anti AR-15s, I did regularly go there to see how the firearms feel in my hand as they typically have a larger than normal selection.

My wife hates her EDC (ruger LC9) due to the mile long trigger take up, harsh break, and equally long reset. I found 4 comparable pistols in size to her ruger while she was having surgery last week and wanted to have her see what felt good in her hands/trigger take up/break/reset. Needless to say her follow up post surgery was close to F&S and I took her to go check them out.

Went to the customer EMPTY guns department to ask to see the 4 pistols and was told “a year ago corporate made a policy that doesn’t allow for us to remove the trigger locks.” Mind you, 6 days prior I had full access to the guns without trigger locks to feel the triggers myself. If I can’t pull a trigger or two prior to purchasing a gun (which cannot be returned), then I won’t be purchasing a gun from them ever again even if they are cheapest or only people who carry them.

That’s it, rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    That is some BS right there!!
    I'd never go back either!!

Title
    Premium Member
    After they decided not to sell long guns to anyone under age 21, I have no clue why you are surprised. Or shop there. They are anti 2A.

Title
    Premium Member
    With trigger locks installed how do you know what the size of the trigger guard is? Is there room for a gloved finger? If it is a hunting rifle and you hunt in a colder climate you would want/need to know if you even access the trigger. I would hate to have to purchase an aftermarket trigger guard after I bought a rifle for that reason. I have seen a few places that have the trigger locks installed, but I wasn't really looking for a rifle so it didn't bother me. I didn't ask them to remove them either....maybe they would have or maybe not. If not they can stuff it.

Title
    Premium Member
    Disks did themselves proud by eliminating MSR from their inventory. F&S might be on the same track.

Title
    Premium Member
    JUst wondering, is your wifes edc an LC9 or anThe LC9s was Ruger's answer ti the complaints about the trigger on the original model. The LC9s is stryker fire. She may still dislike the trigger but it's the same gun with a better trigger.

If she likes the LC9s, get the "Pro" version, it does not have magazine disconnect nor does it have a thumb safety.

Title
    Premium Member
    Cabelas in Columbus, OH now has trigger locks on everything in their “Library”. I’m not sure what happened, but it certainly changes any chance they had at selling me one.

Title
    Premium Member
    Any of the Cabelas Libraries I have been in, the vintage guns were in cases.

The used guns on the racks in front of the library had trigger locks since anyone could walk up and handle those firearms. When I have been interested, the Texas stores I used to frequent would take the trigger locks off. However, since Bass Pro shops bought Cabelas, I've seen several things that have cooled my love for Cabelas.

Title
    Premium Member
    I carry an EC9s (9mm) and find the trigger fine. I also have an older LCP in .380 and the trigger is real long but the version 2 has a way better trigger and does a last shot open that one of my son-in-laws has.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell