Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tabascoman View Post
    Check out vtsupply and righttobear also for sales. I’m not sure if it’s been said but faxon gunner series or Balistic advantage are gtg for barrels. What kind of rifle is it gonna be? Used for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of them is gonna just be a LW AR for my fiancé (wimpy arms) and the other is gonna be a nice range toy
    An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    One of them is gonna just be a LW AR for my fiancé (wimpy arms) and the other is gonna be a nice range toy
    There are makers of lightweight BCG parts if that helps with the weight factor. Slick-side upper receivers are lighter as well.

Faxon makes a nice pencil barrel profile that's lightweight.

Just some thoughts, things to look at...
    disciplejourney.com

Title
    Premium Member
    The faxon gunner barre is leightweight. I love that barrel. The only deal with using leightweight bcg or carriers is it speeds up your cycling rate. So you may want to either get an adjustable gas block or a heavier buffer

Title
    Premium Member

This is one I used a gunner barrel in.

Title
    The faxon gunner barre is leightweight. I love that barrel. The only deal with using leightweight bcg or carriers is it speeds up your cycling rate. So you may want to either get an adjustable gas block or a heavier buffer

I haven’t heard great things about LW BCGs. For the same reasons you mentioned and having to use heavier buffers to compensate. I always like to use an adjustable gas block

Title
    The search continues but I appreciate the legitimate help. I wouldn’t be able to keep up on the AR15 builder pages and lots of trolls who either miss the point or just wanna shit on everything

Title
    Premium Member
    Go check out Ar15 snob free. I’m an admin. Lot of good build info and no bullshit. I can post a link if you want.

Title
    Premium Member
    Check it out
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/1343807052320051

Title
    Go check out Ar15 snob free. I’m an admin. Lot of good build info and no bullshit. I can post a link if you want.

Nice! I am part of the group but I just kinda watch. I’m no expert and my experience with different brands/parts is limited. I’m using these two builds to branch out and use parts from companies I have yet to buy from

Title
    Premium Member
    Any reason you choose to got with the Wylde chamber instead of a standard 5.56x45 chamber? Just curious.

I love two stage triggers myself. I learned to shoot on a Lee Enfield .303 which has a two stage trigger, and ever since that's just been my preference. If I could afford to I'd put a 2 Stage in my Barrett MRAD, but it's $500 bucks :-/.

I've been quite happy with the Rock River Arms NM 2 Stage trigger. It's under $100 and its a great improvement over the standard "mil" spec trigger kits. I've pretty much put one in every AR build I have.