Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: QuickLOAD users

Title
    Premium Member
    That has been my understanding as well.

Reloading...it’s like knitting for men.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a bunch of these 125gr 45's with huge hollow points. I have been unable to find any load data and would love to use them up for plinking with my ACP's. Any chance of a load with that light of a bullet that would cycle an auto? Any chance of QuickLOAD providing any data? Thanks in advance for any input.
    125gr 45 hp.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Those look like fun. I've got a 155gr Cast bullet mold that I love for my 45 ACP target loads.

I'm having a hard time finding a bullet that light in .451 or .452 cal in QuickLOAD if you can provide the following measurements I can get something modeled.

Capture.PNG

Also, these look like lead bullets. I just want to confirm they are lead and not moly coated jacketed bullets.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Andrew View Post
    Those look like fun. I've got a 155gr Cast bullet mold that I love for my 45 ACP target loads.

I'm having a hard time finding a bullet that light in .451 or .452 cal in QuickLOAD if you can provide the following measurements I can get something modeled.

Capture.PNG

Also, these look like lead bullets. I just want to confirm they are lead and not moly coated jacketed bullets.
    Thanks Jay! They are pc lead bullets, I can get the length. What determines the first two measurements? Not sure what you are looking for here.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    Thanks Jay! They are pc lead bullets, I can get the length. What determines the first two measurements? Not sure what you are looking for here.
    Diameter is .4515-.452 and the bullet length is a whopping .38-.39. The hollow point on these can't be far from through to the base of the bullet. I don't even remember where I got these, came with something I needed on a trade somewhere along the line.
    Last edited by Flyeralan; 01-29-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Oops, I should have explained that better.

The measurement you want to grab is the length of the shank. The shank is the full diameter section of the bullet directly behind the ogive. This can be a hard measurement to accurately get with calipers alone (use mic to mark the transition), but if you can get it to within .010 then that will be close enough. Then I'll need your intended COAL. Between the shank length, bullet length, and COAL the rest of the values are calculated.

Title
    Premium Member
    Oops, I should have explained that better.

The measurement you want to grab is the length of the shank. The shank is the full diameter section of the bullet directly behind the ogive. This can be a hard measurement to accurately get with calipers alone (use mic to mark the transition), but if you can get it to within .010 then that will be close enough. Then I'll need your intended COAL. Between the shank length, bullet length, and COAL the rest of the values are calculated.
    Jay, the shank measures 0.215 and my guess at COAL would be 1.090. The thing would end up looking much like this, lol.
    125gr 45 hp.1.jpg
    Last edited by Flyeralan; 01-29-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Ok so finally got my questions answered I will be getting quick load ordered this weekend woohoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rub some dirt on it and get back in the fight

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTREED View Post
    Ok so finally got my questions answered I will be getting quick load ordered this weekend woohoo

Congrats Dude! Your powder data base will be more up to date then mine. I need to order the update CD...

Here's the results on the 45 ACP load with the 125gr bullets. I think the real trick with that load will be to keep the bullets from changing COAL under recoil or chambering.

Results are for a 5in barrel, SAAMI MAP for the 45 ACP is 21,000psi.
    Capture.PNG

Title
    Premium Member
    Congrats Dude! Your powder data base will be more up to date then mine. I need to order the update CD...

Here's the results on the 45 ACP load with the 125gr bullets. I think the real trick with that load will be to keep the bullets from changing COAL under recoil or chambering.

Results are for a 5in barrel, SAAMI MAP for the 45 ACP is 21,000psi.
    Capture.PNG
    That’s gonna be a trip adding this tool to my bench

Rub some dirt on it and get back in the fight