Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 300 Mag

Title
    Premium Member

300 Mag

I’m preparing to load some 212g ELDx with goal of getting out past 800 yds using a Remington Sendero with 26” heavy barrel. I have H4831 on hand and was thinking of a second powder for another ladder so I have options. 4350 is impossible to find in my area and was wondering what others had tried that worked well.

Title
    Premium Member
    H1000 would be one of the better choices. Buddy of mine worked a load with the 212’s and h1000 for a rifle he built for a guy couple months back and we took it to 1100 yards first time we took it to the range. Real temp stable powder.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    H1000 would be one of the better choices. Buddy of mine worked a load with the 212’s and h1000 for a rifle he built for a guy couple months back and we took it to 1100 yards first time we took it to the range. Real temp stable powder.
    Excellent. Thanks. I’ve never tried H1000. I’ve used lots of R19 on 168gr but wasn’t sure what to try on the heavier loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    No problem buddy. I’ve used a lot of r 19 in an old 6.5-284 I have. The accuracy is wonderful and sd’s are pretty good but it’s verry temp sensitive in my experience.