Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Bul Cherokee 9mm (pre-2005) Modifications

This is for any gunsmiths out there. I have a Bul Cherokee 9mm and I love it. Except for one thing: no decocking lever. If you habe never heard of this gun, it is a clone of the CZ-75. It eats anything I feed it, thousands of rounds downrange and no malfunctions that I can't blame on myself (not seating the mag is a bad habit of mine when doing quick reloads...)

However - the DA-SA thing gives me nightmares, because I HATE carrying with the hammer back (you 1911 guys pipe down, I'm well aware of your lack of fear for the cocked hammer. :-) ) But the only way to drop the hammer is to pull the trigger. Which is what I usually do, but with a shiver of dread every time. (Yes, my dread comes from that time my thumb slipped off the hammer during this operation. I'll tell you that story later.)

So, my question is, can a good gunsmith add a decocking lever like on the Beretta M9? I have even seen a CZ-75 with one. I think it was the 75p maybe? If so, what would that cost?

I would love to be able to carry my baby more often without sweating that moment when I put my booger hook on the bang switch without being ready to fire. :-)

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Oh yeah - a pic if anyone is interested.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetywill View Post
    This is for any gunsmiths out there. I have a Bul Cherokee 9mm and I love it. Except for one thing: no decocking lever. If you habe never heard of this gun, it is a clone of the CZ-75. It eats anything I feed it, thousands of rounds downrange and no malfunctions that I can't blame on myself (not seating the mag is a bad habit of mine when doing quick reloads...)

However - the DA-SA thing gives me nightmares, because I HATE carrying with the hammer back (you 1911 guys pipe down, I'm well aware of your lack of fear for the cocked hammer. :-) ) But the only way to drop the hammer is to pull the trigger. Which is what I usually do, but with a shiver of dread every time. (Yes, my dread comes from that time my thumb slipped off the hammer during this operation. I'll tell you that story later.)

So, my question is, can a good gunsmith add a decocking lever like on the Beretta M9? I have even seen a CZ-75 with one. I think it was the 75p maybe? If so, what would that cost?

I would love to be able to carry my baby more often without sweating that moment when I put my booger hook on the bang switch without being ready to fire. :-)

Thanks!

According to the research I just did you can't... the only model that can be done is the P07. That being said, if money wasn't an issue and you could find the one guy that's a CZ wizard who knows...
    That's why I love my 92FS and the ability to drop the hammer safely.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetywill View Post
    Oh yeah - a pic if anyone is interested.

That is a nice looking lead dispenser.

Load as much as possible and shoot as much as possible.
    Currently reloading for .380 ACP, 9MM,327 Federal Mag, 38 Special, .357 Mag, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, .458 Socom, .223 Remington, 22-250,7MM Remington Mag, 30-06 and 340 Weatherby Mag, 50 Beowolf

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Van Camp View Post
    Load as much as possible and shoot as much as possible.
    I'm all over that. I love shooting her. Just not carrying her.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    That's why I love my 92FS and the ability to drop the hammer safely.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Yep. On my wish list. Along with the P07 - that's the one I was trying to remember.