Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gp100 44spl

Title
    Premium Member
    I like the full lug. I almost bought the Talo 3in from a friend.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokeasajoke View Post
    Can you shoot the 44 russian and the 44 colt in the special?
    44 Russian yes 44 Colt no. I have 2 44 Russian revolvels and sometimes when I get lazy I shoot 44 Russian, 44 spl from my Ruger super Blackhawk.. I love the 44 Russian. I have an Open Top and a S&W #3.

Title
    Premium Member
    Thinking about springing for a nice blued gp100 5" in 44spl. Thoughts? I've never owned a ruger revolver and this one is priced decent. Definitely will reload for this one.
    Get it! Then get the GP100 in 357 and 44 mag. The 44 spl is a terrific cartridge. I have a S&W model 24 and 2 Colt SAA 5 1/2" in 44 spl. Fun cartridge to shoot.

Title
    Premium Member
    You can shoot Russian in a Special. Using traditional loading velocity you can actually match the Special in the Russian case, while using less powder.

I had the 3 inch GP100 in 44 Special but had to sell it recently. I regret it, but I knew I would. Sometimes life smacks you.
    Having said all that, I kept my Bisley Flattop in 44 Spcl.

On the 357 vs 44 Special statements. A 44 Special can do anything a 357 magnum can do, and do it with less muzzle blast. I don’t think many people realize that. Not to say I’m anti-357. I keep one of my various 357 handy almost all the time. When I had to weigh what to get rid of my GP100 Magnum won out over the Special because 1. One more round. 2. I have about 8,000 .357 bullets. 3. My Special went for more than my Magnum could draw. The carrridges don’t have to compete, but when they do it’s pretty much a wash.

Edited in: I posted without ever noticing the second page of replies. Maybe it’s time for a nap. Lol
    Last edited by Brandon Salyer; 10-13-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Can you shoot the 44 russian and the 44 colt in the special?
    You can shoot the 44 Russian.

I love my 44 SPC GP100.

Title
    Premium Member
    I and everyone that shoots my .44 Special LOVES it! I am not even joking. I have the SS GP100 w 3” barrel. Absolutely no recoil. I saw the CDNN sale but Broke broke the news before me above. I shoot a 200gr Rimrock cast in mine. It is really accurate. My buddies that I shoot with don’t believe someone that gets shot w a Special or a Magnum will be able to tell.

Title
    Premium Member
    Well it's supposed to be here tomorrow. I guess it's time to find some components to load for it

Title
    Administrator
    Nice!! it will be a fun one for sure!!
    Well it's supposed to be here tomorrow. I guess it's time to find some components to load for it

Title
    Premium Member
    Wes sage I seen your out of brass. Do you have any smaller quantities laying around?

Title
    Premium Member
    Wes sage I seen your out of brass. Do you have any smaller quantities laying around?
    How many do you need? I might be able to spare a few if Wes can’t figure something out for you.