Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Stock pile

Title
    Premium Member

Stock pile

Okay so here is what is making my gears turn at the moment. So I know a lot of guys here stock up on most ammunition. For my debate here let's say 9mm, now for target obviously you would buy or hand load plated bullets. Thus for defense you would buy or hand load, if you chose too. Now here is my thinking, more then likely, you would have more target then defense being they are generally cheaper. So if for some odd reason shit hits the fan here in the good ol US would you resort to your stockpile of target shooting bullets if you didn't have a choice? Most likely you would. Now do any of you guys load a crap load of target because of this thinking though?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    You're asking about SHTF and bot having a choice. That says it all.

But then you're talking about planning for it. In that case, you do have a choice.

I remember reading a firsthand account from a guy that experienced Egypt's Arab spring revolution.

He talked about how all he could get his hands on was an old trap gun and a handful of shells. And how it was far from ideal, but amazing what a comfort it was to have something, anything at all.

So of course people will load target ammo if SHTF. It's better than throwing rocks.

But since you're thinking about it, keep that in mind when you see that Wes has a special on Gold Dots or the like.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    In SHTF thing . . . no preimum bullets for me. FMJ will do in both rifle or pistol.
    I just want to knock 'em down as fast as possible. They can die over time or have their buddies stop shooting to carry them.
    I have seen what FMJ's will do in wartime and that's good enough for me. --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    pulled defense bullets are nearly as cheap as plated. Worth stockpiling while the opportunity is available. I don’t carry reloaded ammunition. (I’m not sure it’s a real liability issue if I ever needed to stop a leathal threat, but I don’t see a reason to take the chance.) I do reload defense rounds to practice and stockpile. Shtf? I’m throwing whatever down range I can get my hands on.