Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Hi, my name is Jon, and I'm a Sageaholic.

Title
    Administrator
    Welcome aboard Jon!!
    Glad you made it over here buddy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Klug View Post
    Hi, my name is Jon, and I'm a Sageaholic.

Title
    Premium Member
    Sorry, this is a repost of my original thread:

My first exposure to reloading was with Wes a number of years ago near Seattle. He taught me how to make some reduced recoil loads for my 30-30 so my then-newly-repaired right shoulder wouldn't get beat up by shooting it. I've been reloading for several years now, but still consider myself a novice. I started with Lee Loaders in 30-30 & .45 Colt, moved on to a hand press, then a bench mounted press (doesn't everyone?). On my Lee press, I reload for 30-30, 45 Colt, 7.62x54 Russian (my current favorite) and have dies, brass, primers and powder for half a dozen more calibers that I haven't started with yet. I just recently bought a ton of supplies for .45 ACP from a friend who shoots competitively since he's moved on to .38 Super(?) for his race gun(s) now. I'd like to try loading for .223, but don't have any brass for it yet. And I just recently won a S&W Performance Center Shield which I just love, but not the price of defensive ammo at more than $1 / each. I'd like to find some 147 grain HST equivalents to use as training rounds.

I'm ex-USN, with silver E's on my rifle & pistol badges if you know what that means.

I also make & sell EDC (Every Day Carry) pens, but don't know if it's kosher on here to advertise & sell them yet.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks for your service buddy!!
    If you want to sell your pens here, feel free We have a section for good and hand made items
    Quote Originally Posted by delliottg View Post
    Sorry, this is a repost of my original thread:

My first exposure to reloading was with Wes a number of years ago near Seattle. He taught me how to make some reduced recoil loads for my 30-30 so my then-newly-repaired right shoulder wouldn't get beat up by shooting it. I've been reloading for several years now, but still consider myself a novice. I started with Lee Loaders in 30-30 & .45 Colt, moved on to a hand press, then a bench mounted press (doesn't everyone?). On my Lee press, I reload for 30-30, 45 Colt, 7.62x54 Russian (my current favorite) and have dies, brass, primers and powder for half a dozen more calibers that I haven't started with yet. I just recently bought a ton of supplies for .45 ACP from a friend who shoots competitively since he's moved on to .38 Super(?) for his race gun(s) now. I'd like to try loading for .223, but don't have any brass for it yet. And I just recently won a S&W Performance Center Shield which I just love, but not the price of defensive ammo at more than $1 / each. I'd like to find some 147 grain HST equivalents to use as training rounds.

I'm ex-USN, with silver E's on my rifle & pistol badges if you know what that means.

I also make & sell EDC (Every Day Carry) pens, but don't know if it's kosher on here to advertise & sell them yet.

Title
    Premium Member
    Hello from Michigan,just getting into reloading,been on my list of to do's for many yrs and seems like no time like the present,have a Lyman All-American press I bought second hand that is is out of the box newish very little use,have purchased my dies according to the rifles and pistols in my gun cabinet, will be stretching my legs here in the forums and read up some
    Last edited by Bentstick; 11-18-2018 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Info added

Title
    Administrator
    Welcome aboard buddy!!
    Glad to hear you are ready to make the plunge
    We have a lot of years of experience here, and a really great bunch of guys to help you on your journey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentstick View Post
    Hello from Michigan,just getting into reloading,been on my list of to do's for many yrs and seems like no time like the present,have a Lyman All-American press I bought second hand that is is out of the box newish very little use,have purchased my dies according to the rifles and pistols in my gun cabinet, will be stretching my legs here in the forums and read up some

Title
    Premium Member
    Been reloading for a few years (but not in high volumes, yet) and bought several batches of brass from Wes in .45LC, .454 Casull, etc. Keep seeing posts about the forum and finally got around to signing up.

Title
    I've been a member on Facebook for years now but just started reloading less than 6 months ago. I've been accumulating equipment the whole time and I'm excited to begin using it all to. Now all I need is hours of time to reload everything I've been storing up. Thanks Wes for providing a place for new and experienced reloaders to learn more about the lifestyle (some might say hobby)! Also a shout out to this that help Wes keep the group going!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Thank you buddy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oCpT aMeRiCao View Post
    I've been a member on Facebook for years now but just started reloading less than 6 months ago. I've been accumulating equipment the whole time and I'm excited to begin using it all to. Now all I need is hours of time to reload everything I've been storing up. Thanks Wes for providing a place for new and experienced reloaders to learn more about the lifestyle (some might say hobby)! Also a shout out to this that help Wes keep the group going!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Hello!

My names Ethan. Live in Illinois (not chicago) lol. I started reloading about 10 years ago when an old timer friend of mine showed me how and I've been hooked ever since. I reload for .223, 22-250, 22 Nosler, 243, 308, 30-06.
    [B]Fast is fine but accuracy is everything[/B] - [I]Wyatt Earp[/I]