Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Title
    I’m much more active on a forum vs Facebook.

I’m very grateful for the time and money Wes spent on this forum.... and I know he has not come close to recouping the money yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks buddy!!
    Lots more freedom here for sure!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ombudsman View Post
    Wes, glad to see you moved on from the Facebook Prison. I suggested the move to forums several times on FB. I've been on various online shooting forums since 2001 I'm glad that you have something where you have control over the content.

Title
    Premium Member
    I hate doing introduction posts, make me feel like I'm at an AA meeting (or in this case, RA - Reloaders Anonymous! :-D )

"Uh, yeah, hi. My name's Wolf, and I'm a reloader..."

Been reloading for a few years now. I've got a couple MEC presses in 12 and 20 gauge that I need to get set up, mostly I've been using Lee Loaders. I've got one in .357 mag and .30 carbine that I've had for years and never got the chance to use, one in 9mm that I haven't used yet, and one in 6.5mm Swedish that had cranked out a wide variety of loads.

I'm looking forward to learning lots and lots of good information and neat tricks for when I can talk my wife into springing for a press - I'm a simple man, and a decent single-stage would make me a VERY Happy Camper!

Title
    Premium Member
    Been a longtime member of the Facebook group, just joined the forum.
    I've got a Hornady LnL AP, a MEC 600jr, and a couple Herters Super Model 3 presses.

Title
    Premium Member
    Hello from southern Indiana. I have been reloading for less than a year. Loading mostly 9mm and .223.

Title
    Administrator
    Welcome to the new home for all reloaders buddy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I hate doing introduction posts, make me feel like I'm at an AA meeting (or in this case, RA - Reloaders Anonymous! :-D )

"Uh, yeah, hi. My name's Wolf, and I'm a reloader..."

Been reloading for a few years now. I've got a couple MEC presses in 12 and 20 gauge that I need to get set up, mostly I've been using Lee Loaders. I've got one in .357 mag and .30 carbine that I've had for years and never got the chance to use, one in 9mm that I haven't used yet, and one in 6.5mm Swedish that had cranked out a wide variety of loads.

I'm looking forward to learning lots and lots of good information and neat tricks for when I can talk my wife into springing for a press - I'm a simple man, and a decent single-stage would make me a VERY Happy Camper!

Title
    Administrator
    Glad to have you aboard buddy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lunacite View Post
    Been a longtime member of the Facebook group, just joined the forum.
    I've got a Hornady LnL AP, a MEC 600jr, and a couple Herters Super Model 3 presses.

Title
    Administrator
    Awesome!!! Glad to have you here!!
    Take some time to learn the ropes here, and you'll soon see it is a great group of reloaders !!
    Quote Originally Posted by n9tkf View Post
    Hello from southern Indiana. I have been reloading for less than a year. Loading mostly 9mm and .223.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    Welcome to the new home for all reloaders buddy!!
    Thanks Wes. The FB group was okay, until the Thought Police showed up and started dictating what was and was not 'acceptable'. MeWe's not bad, but for me, both of them have one VERY huge flaw - they're both JavaScript heavy. Forums, old as they may be, are still the best option (imnsho) because they can be searched.

There's been quite a few times when I've done a Google search, and it's pulled up results from forums that were originally posted almost 20 years ago! ;-)

Title
    Administrator
    Yes sir!!
    And with a forum, NO ONE can tell us what to do, ever.
    With any social media platform, they can change their mind on a rule at any time and wipe out years of data and info!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Thanks Wes. The FB group was okay, until the Thought Police showed up and started dictating what was and was not 'acceptable'. MeWe's not bad, but for me, both of them have one VERY huge flaw - they're both JavaScript heavy. Forums, old as they may be, are still the best option (imnsho) because they can be searched.

There's been quite a few times when I've done a Google search, and it's pulled up results from forums that were originally posted almost 20 years ago! ;-)