Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Lyman Gen 6 quit working

So here I am loading 100 rounds for in the morning. I load 98 and my Lyman Gen 6 powder dispenser turns off.

Hmmm... That was weird.

I turn it back on and let it go through the 3 minute warm up. It gets to 0 and turns off again. This time it won't come back on.

Now I've used this thing off and on for the past few years and I definitely haven't gotten my monies worth out of it. Now Lyman shows a one year warranty which leaves me wondering why I bought this thing? I thought Lyman had a lifetime warranty? It does have an option for sending it in and having it repaired, for a price.

Has anyone sent one in before?
    I reload to save money. Hmmm.. that didn't work out quite as well as I planned.

Title
    Premium Member
    I bought a rcbs chargemaster that was 4years old but same as you haven't loaded 500rounds with it. Started acting up, one year warranty in all electrical tooling. Sent it in anyways, gour a brand new one in the mail this week. Post it in there facebook, in a nice manner and see what they'll do. You never know it might work out, ther companies have great customer service. I own a business and try to learn from companies like this.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    So here I am loading 100 rounds for in the morning. I load 98 and my Lyman Gen 6 powder dispenser turns off.

Hmmm... That was weird.

I turn it back on and let it go through the 3 minute warm up. It gets to 0 and turns off again. This time it won't come back on.

Now I've used this thing off and on for the past few years and I definitely haven't gotten my monies worth out of it. Now Lyman shows a one year warranty which leaves me wondering why I bought this thing? I thought Lyman had a lifetime warranty? It does have an option for sending it in and having it repaired, for a price.

Has anyone sent one in before?
    Had a problem with my Lyman Gen 5. Called Lyman customer service. Couldn't fix it so they sold me one at a discounted price. Might try that.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by handcannon View Post
    Had a problem with my Lyman Gen 5. Called Lyman customer service. Couldn't fix it so they sold me one at a discounted price. Might try that.
    That's better than A-sharp stick in your eye lol. If you don't mind me asking, what kinda deal did they give you? And do you get your old one, cause I've seen different brands do that and they resoldered the most board and wahala she works. It's hard to use ome and go back to slower powder trickle methods.

Title
    Premium Member
    No you don't get the old one back. The deal they offered me was about 50% off. No tax. No shipping. Just the cost of the new one. Took about 7 days to get the new one. That's after they decided they could not fix the old one. Shane P
    Last edited by handcannon; 10-09-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by handcannon View Post
    No you don't get the old one back. The deal they offered me was about 50% off. No tax. No shipping. Just the cost of the new one. Took about 7 days to get the new one. That's after they decided they could not fix the old one. Shane P
    I hate you had to buy another. I had made up my mind I liked the chargemaster so much I would buy another dispenser.

Last edited by Shane P; 10-09-2018 at 03:48 PM.