Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Administrator

What is everyone up to Saturday???

Happy Saturday Everyone!!

As fall sets in and the weather changes, everyone switches gears to hunting, loading, etc.

Lets hear about your fall plans, hunting stories, loading adventures, etc.

At the shop, we are sorting brass like mad, and stocking up for all the fall and winter loading everyone will be doing.

We keep adding more people to the forum everyday, as more FB pages get taken down, and less people use FB to post everyday.

As the weather gets worse and we are all stuck indoors more hours of the day, the forum will be the perfect spot to stay in touch with, and talk with all your fellow reloaders.

We will run all kinds of specials and giveaways as everyone settles in for the winter, and the forum really takes off as the one and only place for all reloaders!!

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m currently going through yesterday’s targets with the 55 gr VMax I shot. Logging those and then on my way to celebrate my wife’s birthday with family. I’ll be in the lab tonight running some of the 223 loads for the VMax. Hopefully I’m in a tree tomorrow looking for my deer!! Damn rain though is not helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Awesome!!! Happy Birthday to your wife!!
    Hope you get in the tree tomorrow and get something

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks Wes.

Title
    Premium Member
    Let's see....I went to a gun show, left with 1000 CCI large rifle primers for $20 bucks. I went to see my Mom, who happens to live right next to the largest sporting goods store in Northern Michigan....so that cost me $100 bucks. then I came home to cast and load some of these, and some of these:
    lubed357.jpg

357duplex2.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebsix View Post
    Let's see....I went to a gun show, left with 1000 CCI large rifle primers for $20 bucks. I went to see my Mom, who happens to live right next to the largest sporting goods store in Northern Michigan....so that cost me $100 bucks. then I came home to cast and load some of these, and some of these:
    lubed357.jpg

357duplex2.jpg
    So you went to Jays Rebsix? I was going to go to the one in Clare today but didn’t get around to doing it.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clopez View Post
    So you went to Jays Rebsix? I was going to go to the one in Clare today but didn’t get around to doing it.

Correct, Jays in Gaylord, it's an hour and a half drive one way for me. Powder and primers are a bit pricey so I usually stop at Walmart there first and save $10 or $15 bucks if they have what I need in stock.

Clare is a good motorcycle trip and I can hit General Jim's also

Title
    Premium Member
    I live in Essexville so Clare is pretty close. Where are you at?

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clopez View Post
    I live in Essexville so Clare is pretty close. Where are you at?

Traverse City here. Not much for supplies in TC except the local gun shop. All powders are $29.99, which is cheaper than Jays, but he sell primers for $6 bucks a hundred or $45 a thousand.....no thanks. I ask him every time I go in there if the got cheaper and he starts talking overhead and such. He could buy them at Jays and make $14 bucks a thousand profit. He even has some of the old CCI with the green labels. So a trip to Jay's, or to GR to hit Cabella's for some S&B primers.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebsix View Post
    Traverse City here. Not much for supplies in TC except the local gun shop. All powders are $29.99, which is cheaper than Jays, but he sell primers for $6 bucks a hundred or $45 a thousand.....no thanks. I ask him every time I go in there if the got cheaper and he starts talking overhead and such. He could buy them at Jays and make $14 bucks a thousand profit. He even has some of the old CCI with the green labels. So a trip to Jay's, or to GR to hit Cabella's for some S&B primers.
    I was born in traverse and did K-5 in Kingsley. Moved up to boyne city in 6th grade and graduated from there. Jays used to get a lot of my money. Their prices went up once they moved into the new store.
    Back on topic I went duck hunting on my Saturday morning.