Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Marine Corps switchs sniper riflr

First time sime vietnam Marine. Corps has used m40 sniper rifle fires 7.56 nato round. Now there switching all sniper rifles after Meu units and Marine raiders been testing new rifle. There switching. To mk mod7 fires .300 Winchester super mag. Suppose to reach out another 300-400 yrds. Verus old 7.56. Never fired 300 Winchester super mag. But will it really reach out that far? Anymore seems hear alot or mostly .50 cal on long shots. Smart switch over or worth upgrade other then reach out whisper to enemy leave my guys alone.that distance i know worth switch.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    From what I have seen it's the 300 win mag not the super mag which is a short action cartridge. It should provide better ballistics running 200 plus grain bullets. The 300 runs approximately 2-300 fps faster than the 30-06 given the same barrel length and projectile. The 300 has a long career as a long range competition cartridge and a great game round.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I stand corrected went back to email Marine Corps times is 300 Winchester mag not super

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Hopefully they were smart enough to drop down to 9 twist bbls for the change. --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    200 yards more than the 308 is probably closer to the truth than 300-400. But a 200 yard improvement doesn't sell guns so let's make it 400.

Bob

Title
    Premium Member
    In Viet Nam the Sea Bee's were tasked with clearing the trees and brush for some new,remote fire bases.
    They were constantly getting shot at by VC snipers.
    They had several unofficial counter snipers. One of them used a Win Mod 70 chambered in 7mmRem Mag. He had his own reloading set up in the back room of their club in Can Tho.
    Word was he had 20+ confirmed kills. Some out past 600m. He used a Redfield scope. --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2