Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm Dunn View Post
    Attachment 125I started reloading with a Lee Loader (see pic) many years ago hammering rounds together before getting a press. Back then there was no internet and my biggest mistake was thinking the OAL for each load in the manuals was gospel before I learned to measure MAX distance to lands and then develop the longest working OAL for each gun\bullet. I've made many mistakes through the years but thank goodness haven't blown anything up (except on purpose ) The biggest thing that re-loaders need to do is to slow down and not get distracted while re-loading, after all I consider it me-time.
    That reminds me of another mistake I made...got serious about minimizing the jump in my prairie dog loads and settled on some really long cartridges...
    which wouldn't go into my Stag AR magazines - max c.o.a.l. 2.260"

Title
    Premium Member
    Actually it was the funnel that caused spillage. I was filling the hopper with the funnel and started going a bit too quick so it backed the funnel up and spilled over the sides. I’ve never actually spilled it when pouring directly from bottle to hopper.

Title
    Premium Member
    Adding powder without inserting primer.
    Always do whats right because it's always the right thing to do.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have forgot to charge case before seating bullet in pistol, I've double changed rifle before, I have forgot to size case before, figured that out after priming and charging them, forgot to trim before

Title
    Premium Member
    Forget to prime and then powder charge.....only happened once.
    [I][B][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]Some people never have time to do it right the first time but always find time to do it twice[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I]

Title
    Premium Member
    I've been reloading since 1996. I've done all the above and worse. I did the worst thing imaginable. A buddy of mine came in as I was loading some test loads for my 45 colt and started talking to me. (can you see where this is headed?) I double charged one and didn't realize it. Luckily for me but not the pistol I didn't get hurt. I had a stainless ruger blackhawk. It blew the cylinder in three pieces. It buckled the top strap as well.

Title
    Premium Member
    To many to count. Latest was to make a full set of ladder loads into cases that I guess I forgot to push the shoulder back on because they don’t chamber into my bolt gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    3 shooters, 2 calibers on one bench - .44mag and. 45Colt in similar cans.
    Ruger .44, $1200 Colt 3rd gen SAA .45

Buddy borrowed my Colt and stuffed it full of .44mag ammo...fired all 6, reloaded and fired 6 more b4 we caught it. .429s don't seal a .452 bore so no pressure spike, no damage.

"One powder at a time on the reload bench, one ammo at a time on the shooters bench."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Where do I start?? lol.
    Ran a decapping pin into my finger.
    Powder and no primer.
    No powder
    Forgot to full length size some rifle brass. Yup...no feeding there.
    and my favorite...
    If you spill some primers on a concrete floor, make sure you get them all picked up. Rolling over one in your chair will really wake you up in the morning and make your butt pucker!

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    Where do I start?? lol.
    Ran a decapping pin into my finger.
    Powder and no primer.
    No powder
    Forgot to full length size some rifle brass. Yup...no feeding there.
    and my favorite...
    If you spill some primers on a concrete floor, make sure you get them all picked up. Rolling over one in your chair will really wake you up in the morning and make your butt pucker!
    I've just about cut my finger off cutting down 223 brass down to 300 blkout. For some unknown reason I grabbed the blade. Luckily those little harbor freight saws dont have alot of torque.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk