Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

Comedy Hour at Bass Pro

So I walked into Bass Pro to have a laugh. They are seriously PROUD of their powder! The H335 was $35.99 and IMR 4227 $39.99!!! What???!!!! On a good note I did talk to an older guy for 30 minutes about what he loads and he was asking me a lot about loading for the 450 Bushmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member

Comedy Hour at Bass Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Clopez View Post
    So I walked into Bass Pro to have a laugh. They are seriously PROUD of their powder! The H335 was $35.99 and IMR 4227 $39.99!!! What???!!!! On a good note I did talk to an older guy for 30 minutes about what he loads and he was asking me a lot about loading for the 450 Bushmaster.

Yup I never buy powder there it is ridiculous what is funny is they own Cabela’s and it is a lot cheaper there and Big R kicks their butt on powder prices as well

Title
    Premium Member
    Have you ever seen a local store with better prices? Unless you place a bulk order, even online after hazmat and shipping would be more than that.

Title
    Premium Member
    I just bought H335 for $23.99, IMR 4227 for $24.97 and get Varget for no more than $26.97. Either Cabela’s or Gander.

Title
    Premium Member
    I can Order online 5 lbs at a time and pay shipping and hazmat cheaper than I can Buy 4 lbs at my local bass pro. Couple of the local shops are a little bit better on powder but don’t carry what I normally Use.

Title
    Premium Member
    The funny thing is Cabela’s and BP are the same company now kinda sorta maybe lol

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Clopez View Post
    The funny thing is Cabela’s and BP are the same company now kinda sorta maybe lol

My girlfriend works at Cabelas and it’s a slow transition but man is it just all bad. A handful of managers fired, bargain cave is gone, and employee discounts are basically zilch unless it’s store brand. Thankfully they price match MidwayUSA and I get a hell of a deal on some stuff plus 5% mil discount.
    An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    My girlfriend works at Cabelas and it’s a slow transition but man is it just all bad. A handful of managers fired, bargain cave is gone, and employee discounts are basically zilch unless it’s store brand. Thankfully they price match MidwayUSA and I get a hell of a deal on some stuff plus 5% mil discount.
    I use my 5% mil discount ther but didn’t know they price matched Midway. Good to know thanks !

Title
    Premium Member
    I didn’t know that either. They price match powder?

Title

Comedy Hour at Bass Pro

As far as powder goes I feel like they would. For me their prices are cheaper than midway so I don’t have to. It has worked for getting primers though. But I know a few people there so maybe that helps?

Last edited by Holland; 09-27-2018 at 06:31 PM.
    An armed society is a polite society