Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

What single stage press to buy

I currently have an rcbs partner press and am looking to upgrade to a more hd single stage as I am going to be getting a 300wm in the near future. Trying to decide which SS to get for loading precision rounds. Looking at the Rock Chucker supreme or the Forster CoAx. Any help, suggestions or experiences would be great.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have the Rock Chucker Supreme. I have loaded 7mm Rem Mag with no issues. A friend used it to size 300 Win Mag and 30-378 with no issue. My brother has used it for 340 Weatherby and 350 Rem.

Load as much as possible and shoot as much as possible.
    Currently reloading for .380 ACP, 9MM,327 Federal Mag, 38 Special, .357 Mag, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, .458 Socom, .223 Remington, 22-250,7MM Remington Mag, 30-06 and 340 Weatherby Mag, 50 Beowolf

Title
    Premium Member
    Either one of those would be great for what you are looking to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwolf308 View Post
    I currently have an rcbs partner press and am looking to upgrade to a more hd single stage as I am going to be getting a 300wm in the near future. Trying to decide which SS to get for loading precision rounds. Looking at the Rock Chucker supreme or the Forster CoAx. Any help, suggestions or experiences would be great.
    If I were going to replace the RCBS Partner, I would replace with a Turret. Still have the single stage process BUT with the rotating head you can install ALL dies and powder measure. By simply rotating the head you have a completely loaded round. And if you load for more than 1 caliber purchase a head for each caliber. By simply removing and installing you are ready to start loading again. No removing & installing dies for each process.

Title
    Premium Member
    I currently have a Lee classic turret press as well. Just looking to upgrade my single stage

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve read great reviews on the MEC single stage press as well.

Title
    Premium Member
    So i found rhis great article that compare the Rock Chucker and the Co-AX. My question is in the conclusion it states if your going to be doing alot of heavy duty sizing the Rock Chuck is the best option. At what claiber does it become heavy duty sizing? Is 300wm considered hd sizing? I know he uses 7X57 for the tests. Thoughts?
    http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/?p=1750
    Last edited by Ghostwolf308; 09-30-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a rcbs summit that I have been using for all of my bigger stuff. 338 lapua 338 um 30-378 wby 338-378 wby I have ran stuff all the to 6mm br in it. I would recommend getting the short and long handles for it. Take a looks at it

Title
    The RCBS Rock chucker supreme is the one that I use and a load those for everything. You cannot go wrong there.

Title
    Premium Member
    I've always been partial to the Rockchucker for a single stage press. I also have a Partner, it's nice for lighter duty stuff like seating.

Bob