Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Premium Member
    I always wet tumble before resizing to keep my dies cleaner, and if lube is used for resizing, I wet tumble again for 20 minutes after processing the brass to get the lube off.
    "Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    I dry tumble also, sadly then i have to get the @@&$/ media out of the flash holes...
    I solved the problem by using a universal decapping die on my progressive press.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Spray them with brake cleaner in the same tub you lube them in and shake it just like you would to lube them. It doesn't hurt the brass ans it's alot quicker.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Millikan View Post
    Lanolin doesn't come off wet tumbling with the normal mix. So the first hour I use about a half cup of simple green. Works like a champ.
    The original wet tumble recipe from Brownell's included their "degreaser" for which Simple Green is a more than adequate sub.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Title
    One of the many reasons I use bolt guns for my ~4500rds/yr .223 use on prairie dogs is that I can neck size the brass.
    So my approach is neck size/deprime - wet tumble/dry (sweater rack in dryer, low heat) - prime, charge, seat, crimp.
    No media in flash holes, no lube, nvr have to trim cases, seldom see split case mouths.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk