Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    My Ruger 238s need a shorter OAL. I have them set back to .960 for consistent feeding.

Title
    Premium Member
    [QUOTE=Wes Sage;573]Awesome!! Report back tomorrow on how they worked

Took the Springfield 911 to my shooting location. When I bought the gun on Friday the shop owner through in a box of PMC 95 grain FMJ's. The gun shot those with no issues. They was hitting about 4 inches low at 7 yards. Finished the box of factory ammo and started on the Xtreme 100 grain RNFP set to 0.975" on 2.8 grains of Titegroup. It shot and cycled with no issues. They too was shooting 3 inches low at 7 yards. There is no adjustment for elevation on this gun. I am happy with the purchase of the gun and bullets. Time to get back to the bench and load the rest of the supplies that I have for the 380.
    Currently reloading for .380 ACP, 9MM,327 Federal Mag, 38 Special, .357 Mag, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, .458 Socom, .223 Remington, 22-250,7MM Remington Mag, 30-06 and 340 Weatherby Mag, 50 Beowolf

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks for the update!! What kind of hold do you have on the target? 6 O'clock, or center of o ring?
    Speed the bullets up a bit if the load data allows and POI will be a little higher more than likely.
    For super accurate and awesome Carry Ammo, look into Speer gold dots , which we carry.
    They are all I carry in my guns, no matter what caliber

[QUOTE=Adam Van Camp;681]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    Awesome!! Report back tomorrow on how they worked

Took the Springfield 911 to my shooting location. When I bought the gun on Friday the shop owner through in a box of PMC 95 grain FMJ's. The gun shot those with no issues. They was hitting about 4 inches low at 7 yards. Finished the box of factory ammo and started on the Xtreme 100 grain RNFP set to 0.975" on 2.8 grains of Titegroup. It shot and cycled with no issues. They too was shooting 3 inches low at 7 yards. There is no adjustment for elevation on this gun. I am happy with the purchase of the gun and bullets. Time to get back to the bench and load the rest of the supplies that I have for the 380.

Title
    Premium Member
    I was holding high center. I can go up in charge weight a little. I am planning on trying several different brands of carry ammo to see which one shoots the best and preforms well. All of my other carry calibers I load the Barnes Tac-XP's and run them hot. They shoot great, prefrom great and run very well.
    Last edited by Adam Van Camp; 07-30-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Title
    Administrator
    Sounds like a good start so far!! Thanks for the update!!

Title
    Premium Member
    I load .380 as well. I have to keep them fast so they cycle. I load 95 gr cast and 100 gr Extreme RNFPthat Wes offers. Easier to find load data for the 95 gr. I must add.
    Thanks for the range report!

Title
    Premium Member
    I just bought a 911. Have not had a chance to got to the range with it yet. I have been debating on reloading for the 380 or just buying cheap ammo to practice with and good stuff to keep in it all the time.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josephq00 View Post
    I just bought a 911. Have not had a chance to got to the range with it yet. I have been debating on reloading for the 380 or just buying cheap ammo to practice with and good stuff to keep in it all the time.
    I really like this little gun. All of the review videos that I have seen are negative. They are all having failure to feed and failure to go into battery fully issues. I have almost 300 round through mine and the only failure that I have had was caused by me. I hit the mag release button and it failed to feed. that is total on me not the gun. I have fed it the 50 rounds of factory ammo that was given to me the day that I purchased the gun and close to 250 rounds of Xtreme Plated 100 grain bullets from Wes. I have also ran a couple of mags of my Barnes Tac-XP handloads through it as well. they cycled with no issues as well. I am taking it to the range again today and will try my Hornady 95 grain XTP's. I contacted Barnes to find out what the minimum velocity is to make the bullet expand correctly. They told me that the 80 grain Tac-XP from the .380 ACP has to have a minimum impact velocity of 750 fps. I shot these loads through my chrono and I am getting 953fps from 2.8 grains of TiteGroup. I set the chrono right in front of the target and was shooting from 20 feet.
    Currently reloading for .380 ACP, 9MM,327 Federal Mag, 38 Special, .357 Mag, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, .458 Socom, .223 Remington, 22-250,7MM Remington Mag, 30-06 and 340 Weatherby Mag, 50 Beowolf

Title
    Premium Member
    I went out again yesterday and shot my Springfield 911. Ran over 100 rounds of the 100 grain Xtreme with no issues. This little gun is so fun to shoot.

Title
    Premium Member
    I love shooting my 380’s and being that they take next to nothing on powder charges, they are extremely economical to load for. I have a Glock 42 and a Roger LCP2 that I enjoy the dickens out of. Happy to see others enjoying the smaller caliber as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk