Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Don’t have any pictures, but my best is probably when I charged an unprimed case.
    Been there before.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    This isn't Facebook - I couldn't care less about what you're eating.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Don’t have any pictures, but my best is probably when I charged an unprimed case.
    Have done that a few times loading .40 S&W on my Dillon 550B. The primer pickup was not picking up the primers. Finally got the aftermarket roller bearing thingy for it and have not missed a primer yet. That crap is annoying when powder is going all over the place from the flash hole.. makes a pretty big mess.
    "Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    I had a container full of 'already primed' 45 ACP cases ready to load. I had completed a batch of 100 before I noticed the firing pin marks in the 'new' primers.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member
    No pics of this one, but I almost blew a weekend pig hunt recently with some .308 loads with my FAL. I'd fired them the weekend before to test the load, came home, and began reloading those fired cases. Apparently I didn't set the resizing die correctly, and neglected to check the finished rounds afterward. Got out to the property and the rounds wouldn't fully chamber, and that was the only ammo I had brought. I watched a good handful of hogs eat all the corn around my feeder, and then slowly wander off without a care in the world. Found 2 out of the batch that would chamber, and finally was able to put one on the ground when they came back. Drove to wal mart the next morning and bought some ammo (first time ever buying ammo at a wal mart. It felt awkward...). Came home and re-processed all of that ammo, so all is good now.

I do have a small basket of screw-ups on my bench. Might try to get a pic of them. Mostly it's bulged shoulders from un-trimmed rifle brass, or a couple of shaved .45 rounds from not flaring the case enough, or primers that flipped in the tray and got inserted upside down.

Title
    Premium Member
    I don't have a picture anymore but I had 5 or 6 223 brass that I had swaged with the large primer stuff from my rcbs kit.
    It completely reformed the pockets and wasn't much more effort than swaging out the crimp.

Title
    Premium Member
    So yesterday im prepping 45colt brass i have a single stage and usually work in batches of 50. So sized and deprimed first 50 and i like to hand prime with lee hand primer. At about the 35 mark i ran out of primer so got a new tray out of the case of winchester lpp. after putting them in to the primer tray i started to prime the rest and the hand primer isnt working right the primers arent going into the ram so i take out primer tray and clean the ram and everything still no luck. after taking a little break and getting ready to call lee i still have the empty box from the primers im trying to load so finally take time to read it instead of assuming its right and of course its a tray of small pistol primers. how it got in the case of lpp i dont know but i felt really stupid that i didnt read first and didnt realize when i put them in the feeder tray that they were smaller.