Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turret press?

Title
    Premium Member
    I've got something like 10,000 rounds through my 4 hole Lee - and if you remove the index rod you can run it in single stage mode - or manually change between two dies. With extra turrets you can preset every caliber you load with four dies and caliber change take seconds - plus powder change, which can be quick if you have multiple dispensers - or quick change drum style - and a bit longer if you have to swap disks etc each time.

Title
    Premium Member
    So finally called the shop today and they want 50 dollars for it. While the shops a hour and half drive one way I still think its a good deal. Now just have to talk the wife into it.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Racinglizard82 View Post
    So finally called the shop today and they want 50 dollars for it. While the shops a hour and half drive one way I still think its a good deal. Now just have to talk the wife into it.

I love my Lee 4 hole and they are well worth the money but if you can get the 3 hole for $50 i would go for it. For that price you won't regret it.

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave

It is well worth that as long as it is in decent shape, which I presume it is since you are interested.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member
    When I looked at it, it looked new to me. Like it was not even mounted.

Title
    Premium Member
    When I looked at it, it looked new to me. Like it was not even mounted.

I know the 4 hole version comes with sm and lr priming arms ... make sure it has all the necessary components.

Title
    I think the 4 hole turrets work fine in a press sold when the turrets only had 3 holes.

The real value of the turret press is with the auto-indexing stuff scrapped - you can rotate the turret quickly between seat and crimp.
    We make up .223 rounds by setting up trays of 50 primed cases, charge them all, confirm charge levels with a flashlight, then run them
    through the press and into a basket... seat/crimp, seat/crimp, etc.

Title
    Premium Member

Turret press?

Quote Originally Posted by sagela View Post
    I think the 4 hole turrets work fine in a press sold when the turrets only had 3 holes.
    I believe the turrets will drop in but the indexing will be off ..
    Manual rotation is still possible. Others may have better feedback on using the 4 hole turrets in an original 3 hole press.

Title
    Premium Member
    You can update a 3 hole to a 4. There are youtube videos on the process, and Midway has the kit for $26. https://www.midwayusa.comhttps//www....ret-update-kit

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by salient View Post
    You can update a 3 hole to a 4. There are youtube videos on the process, and Midway has the kit for $26. https://www.midwayusa.comhttps//www....ret-update-kit

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    They are nearly impossible to find because they are discontinued. I’ve been looking for a while.