Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 View Post
    York County, approx 20 miles over MD line

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I know some of that area. Used to go up to Cabin Fever Expo for a few years.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Mostly I use a CZ rifle in 204 Ruger for varmint shooting. Don't get out for p-dogs often. Rockchucks and sometimes sage rats.

Title
    Premium Member
    Ever thought of using 17wsm for pd hunting? Or you prefer to reload and not use rimfire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reactorpwr View Post
    Ever thought of using 17wsm for pd hunting? Or you prefer to reload and not use rimfire?

I’ve used the 17hmr for targets inside of 150yds, and as a walk around gun. I’ve never shot one of the 17wsm. I do say that I prefer my 22hornet and sporter 223 for the above mentioned jobs.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    All good. Wsm over hmr to me is night and day difference. Results may vary

Title
    Premium Member
    All good. Wsm over hmr to me is night and day difference. Results may vary

I was curious how much difference there was between the two. Apparently there is quite a bit. I was hesitant to get a wsm after having jumped on the hmr bandwagon, and ended up not using it near as much as I thought I would.

JTD

Title

At least 1 of the ranchers I know uses a 17 caliber rifle for everything from PDs to coyotes but I confess I didn't learn which one.
    And when he had PDs moving into an alfalfa field for the first time he set up a table, waited all day to get the very last one. With a .22-250
    from 350yds out.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. It's definitely helped with my decision making process to pick up a bolt gun. My .223 AR's do the trick, but I'll never obtain the ridiculous accuracy I'm chasing with them.
    I cut my teeth on a old Remington Score Master bolt .22 that is still the most accurate rifle I own even after 15,000+ rounds. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    If you want ridiculous accuracy with an AR you will have to pay for it. White Oak Armament Varmint uppers are the ticket. I've got a 24" 1:12 twist and 1-1/4" at 200yds is an every day thing and if all conditions right I can get 4 out of 5 in 1/2" at 200yds. Accurate enough? None of my other barrels come close for AR and for Bolt guns I have a couple that are close but it took a lot of load development.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 72Camaro View Post
    If you want ridiculous accuracy with an AR you will have to pay for it. White Oak Armament Varmint uppers are the ticket. I've got a 24" 1:12 twist and 1-1/4" at 200yds is an every day thing and if all conditions right I can get 4 out of 5 in 1/2" at 200yds. Accurate enough? None of my other barrels come close for AR and for Bolt guns I have a couple that are close but it took a lot of load development.
    If money wasn't an issue I'd love to build one...

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk