Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 300 blk out

Title
    Premium Member

M1A suppressed

Quote Originally Posted by UH60_TrunkMonkey View Post
    How does it M1A handle being suppressed? Did you do any gas system work? I have heard they are difficult to suppress due to wear and tear on the gas system and op-rod.
    Well buddy I can tell you this. The suppressor on my M1A works very well. No I did not do anything special to the gas system. But they are adjustable and if you over gas you can bend the op-rod. I have found both through research and my own trial & error that the M1A likes the 2550 fps range. I did some reading from the Springfield Armory where they suggested that and it works very well. I load 168 gr Nosler Competition with H-4895. I'm shooting 1/2" groups @ 100 sub moa. I also break my M1A down after each shooting session for a good cleaning. That also includes removing the gas system for a good cleaning. Sorry this is so long but I wanted to give you ALL the information. Hope it helps.

Title
    Premium Member
    53FE87D8-A683-4310-82C8-D030982E9BB0.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by UH60_TrunkMonkey View Post
    How does it M1A handle being suppressed? Did you do any gas system work? I have heard they are difficult to suppress due to wear and tear on the gas system and op-rod.
    There she is. And she shoots great. That's a Leupold Tactical scope mounted.
    Last edited by handcannon; 09-25-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    My 300blackout sbr with a form1 suppressor. It’s the reason I started getting into reloading at all.