Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Walnut media

Title
    Premium Member

Walnut media

Dumb question or thought has any used whole walnuts as tumbling meadow rather than crushed shells if it works it should keep flash holes from getting plugged

Title
    Premium Member
    It won't clean inside the cases. Needs to be crushed to clean throughly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud1985 View Post
    Dumb question or thought has any used whole walnuts as tumbling meadow rather than crushed shells if it works it should keep flash holes from getting plugged
    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    People say the walnut pet bedding at the pet shops are the way to go if you're looking to save a few bucks.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylebryan View Post
    People say the walnut pet bedding at the pet shops are the way to go if you're looking to save a few bucks.
    Reptile bedding works. Know few use it. Still have regular media. With pet media its figured pee'd thrown away. Attack word gun goes up. Researched on getting it check out pet store. But chewy was cheaper. Just have to watch shipping less have other pets then way go.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I use media from harbor freight works good just bought a house that has a metric crap ton of walnut trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylebryan View Post

This.

Lizard litter from my local pet supply store. It's finely crushed walnut shells. It's small enough to not get stuck in primer pockets or flash holes. Down side is it's very dusty. I prime it with Nu Finish car polish and some mineral spirits. Keeps the dust down and does a good job polishing the cases. I also throw in some used dryer sheets to filter the dust.

Title
    walnut does a lousy job of cleaning inside cases and primer pockets but add nuFinish to Harbor Freight walnut ,it's good enuff for this guy,.They go bang every time, no pocket cleaning ever for my blasting ammo.
    as to the original question about whole walnuts....lemme know how that wurks out for ya .
    mike cox