Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Title

ATN Night Vision Scopes

I currently own one and have another newer version on the way. Who else has one? If you have any questions ask. An affordable NV option. I have not taken the thermal plunge yet as this works for my needs. Attached is a pic of a cow with it blocking my shot to the feeder.... Little out of focus because I had it set for the feeder another 40 yards back..

addtext_com_MTcxOTE5MzQ5Mjg.jpg
    [COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Premium Member
    Is it worth it to get the higher end stuff, or does ATN work well enough? I may want something for occasional use on backyard coyotes.

Title
    Premium Member
    I like my ATN scope for open areas like fields or a few sparse trees. In thicker brush it turns the whole area white and you can’t see anything.

Title
    The X-Sight HD 2 can be had for sub $500 now and I just ordered the new 4k version for sub $600 (usually $700). I use it 2-4 times per month and have no issues. That cow in the pic is actually one I took about 75yds away. Like I said, the feeder was another 40 yds or so back. The thing I like about these is that when on my 308, I have a profile for 125gr bullets and one for 168gr Bullets. Switching profiles allows me to aim as normal because it moves the reticle for me. Can Therese challenges... yes... most of the time I find it is user error because people try to do it the way a glass scope works and this is more of a computer style. There is a good ATN group on FB that solves 95% of issues. I may go thermal one day but at 4x the cost, that is a hard pill to swallow. Plus side is this is day and or night. The sensor will not get hosed from exposing to bright sunlight. Think of it more as a good security camera that has a reticle on it...
    [COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Actual Video from HD2 during the day...

Title
    Not my video but another one with a crappy IR light.

Title
    Premium Member
    Does anyone have the ATN Thor 4 2-8?

Thinking about getting one. I have looked at the pulsars but the batteries CR123s and short battery life has me looking elsewhere in the same price range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have the 4k pro 5x20 on top of my 458 pistol for dispatching hogs. Love the scope even while they are working the bugs out of the firmware.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe9216 View Post
    I have the 4k pro 5x20 on top of my 458 pistol for dispatching hogs. Love the scope even while they are working the bugs out of the firmware.

Joe so you haven’t had many issues with it? Some pages and forums talk trash about them so I just want to be sure paying that much money for one. I’ll help some of the farmers out around here with hogs coyotes and armadillos tearing up hay fields

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTram View Post
    Joe so you haven’t had many issues with it? Some pages and forums talk trash about them so I just want to be sure paying that much money for one. I’ll help some of the farmers out around here with hogs coyotes and armadillos tearing up hay fields

There have been some quirks with it, but they will get them sorted out like they did with the x-sight II. A lot of the issues have been fixed with firmware updates.