Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Title
    Administrator
    Seem to be some decent loads out there for it now, with people testing it in all different bullet weights.
    I am looking forward to the day that there is plenty of good data out there for it
    Quote Originally Posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
    Most of this was from American Eagle 75gr factory loads.

Personally I'm pretty happy with the performance from the 75gr eldm.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Sorry for the delay in testing but things got crazy since I got married a few weeks ago.

I finally had the time and weather to get out and test the 88gr ELDM with Win 748 and let me just say that the results weren't so good with 748. No discernable node and SD's were in the '20s.

Here is a graph of my Chrono data.

As you can see it is pretty much linear, so only real places to explore further nodes might be around 2500fps and 2600 fps which is far lower than I would like to see with this projectile.

My 75gr ELDM load is much different in its graph.

The nodes at 2750 and 2950 gave me sub .5moa groups.

I still have some of the 88's left so I will try load development with CFE223 and hope to find a node in 2700-2750 range.

Otherwise, the 75gr ELDM will blow the heavier bullets out of the water. They still have a high bc, and I hit a node above 2950fps where I am getting .5MOA or better and, atmospheric depending, will stay super to 1100 to 1200 yards.

Title
    Administrator
    Awesome write up brother!!!!
    Thanks for sharing it. Looks like you have a few good spots to build on now.
    Congrats on getting Married too!!

Title
    Premium Member
    Buddy of mine, Gavin, has been doing a lot of work with the 224 Valkyrie recently. I was able to do some shooting with a nice little bolt-action rifle he built:

If you go to his website, you'll find a series of short articles on the 224 Valkyrie:
    http://ultimatereloader.com/

Title
    Premium Member
    So another small update on brass prep. About 20% of the brass had to be culled after the 2nd firing.

They would all take a no go gague in the primer pocket I was even able to hand press a primer in with my thumb.

Title
    Premium Member
    What brass was it? I am in load 3 and 4 of factory federal 90smk and 75. I bought a bunch for the brass before loadable brass was on the market. I've throw out a handful of pieces and the pockets are loose but still holding.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UH60_TrunkMonkey View Post
    What brass was it? I am in load 3 and 4 of factory federal 90smk and 75. I bought a bunch for the brass before loadable brass was on the market. I've throw out a handful of pieces and the pockets are loose but still holding.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    It was a mix of federal and hornady.

Title
    Premium Member
    That wouldn't be from the ultimate re-loader .I believe he did some work with varget and 88 gr bullets

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwest View Post
    That wouldn't be from the ultimate re-loader .I believe he did some work with varget and 88 gr bullets
    Ya, my friend Gavin Gear is the guy behind the "Ultimate Reloader" website. He does all the load development and testing.

http://ultimatereloader.com/

He's done a lot with the 224 Valkyrie. Worth a look to see the info he's put together.

Regards, Guy