Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Great deal

Title
    Premium Member

Great deal

A month or two ago, I ordered 1000 Hornady .224 flat base soft point bullets because they were the cheapest I could find and just wanted them for “blasting” ammo. Turns out, I can keep them in an inch or so out of my Stag 3 AR with 16” barrel if I do my part. And that’s with a 1-4x scope. I am using IMR 4895, CCI primers, and mixed brass. Great bullets for the price. I will order more when I get through “blasting” through these.

Title
    Premium Member
    I ordered 1000 of the BT SP that Wes had a few months ago. I’m loading them exactly like my FMJ. I hope point of impact is similar so I can mix ammo in magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks buddy!! They are pretty awesome for the price for sure!!
    Quote Originally Posted by byrl View Post
    A month or two ago, I ordered 1000 Hornady .224 flat base soft point bullets because they were the cheapest I could find and just wanted them for “blasting” ammo. Turns out, I can keep them in an inch or so out of my Stag 3 AR with 16” barrel if I do my part. And that’s with a 1-4x scope. I am using IMR 4895, CCI primers, and mixed brass. Great bullets for the price. I will order more when I get through “blasting” through these.

Title
    Administrator
    They should be very close for sure!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clcraig View Post
    I ordered 1000 of the BT SP that Wes had a few months ago. I’m loading them exactly like my FMJ. I hope point of impact is similar so I can mix ammo in magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk