Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Title
    Just reading through this thread..
    Used zmax in my x39 rifle.. they grouped great, so used them for deer hunting. One shot and the deer was down in 20yrds.
    Haven't browsed through the store, any available for the 223 ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks for sharing! And good eatin'!!

Title
    Premium Member
    Nice!

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    Had a very interesting thing happen at the range today. I'm getting final sight-in for my prairie dog hunt and with my most accurate load for 40 grain Vmax with H335 at 3400fps for my AR I was going to also bring my 50 grain Zmax load with Benchmark shooting 3435fps and their points of impact at 200yds was nearly identical. Close enough to not change the dial, under 1/2" higher and still centered left/right.

Last edited by 72Camaro; 03-27-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Administrator
    Now that is awesome right there!!
    Makes life easy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 72Camaro View Post
    Had a very interesting thing happen at the range today. I'm getting final sight-in for my prairie dog hunt and with my most accurate load for 40 grain Vmax with H335 at 3400fps for my AR I was going to also bring my 50 grain Zmax load with Benchmark shooting 3435fps and their points of impact at 200yds was nearly identical. Close enough to not change the dial, within 1/2" at 200yds and up just ever so slightly and centered right/left.

Title
    Premium Member
    I think Wes put some sort of curse on my old 40 grain super accurate load. They are not working as well as they used to and now the 50 grain vmax/zmax loads are more accurate. Better go figure a way to dig up some more of those 50 grain Zombie bullets at the crazy good prices. Only got a couple thousand or more left and a lot of prairie dogs that need to have a lead sandwich.

Title
    Administrator
    Lol.... I am always on the look out for us all for the 50gr Zombies!!
    I think Wes put some sort of curse on my old 40 grain super accurate load. They are not working as well as they used to and now the 50 grain vmax/zmax loads are more accurate. Better go figure a way to dig up some more of those 50 grain Zombie bullets at the crazy good prices. Only got a couple thousand or more left and a lot of prairie dogs that need to have a lead sandwich.

Title
    Premium Member
    Looks like the curse was lifted when I got back from using the 50's and killing a lot of Prairie Dogs, back on track and the 40's are back to being the most accurate. Got to be the weather.

Title
    Premium Member
    Good news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    The brother-in-law and I went to his range and was doing some 400yd shooting with a handful of rifles. At the end I plopped him down to shoot my AR with 50 grain Vmax (to me Zmax and Vmax shoot the same) and he shot a 1-1/8" group of 3 at 400yds. I had 2 under an inch but had a flyer that pushed it to 3". I didn't weigh cases as these were random out of a box of 100 made up. I thought I had my 40 grainers which trade off on which batch is more accurate but found out it was a box of all shot cases I forgot to pull out of my range box so no shooting them. I did put a couple of my 58 grain .243 just over an inch at 400yds, my rock chuck gun.