Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Smile LEE pro 1000 progressive press

Hey guys,
    Just thought I’d share my experience with the LEE pro 1000 progressive press. I bought a used one about a month ago, and replaced all the springs and retainers, it was setup for .45 ACP. (Got it with a bench, powder, 250 bullets and about 1200 cases for $100, nice score). After a lot of research and trial and error, found the bullet feeder mechanism is worthless. As is the priming system. But remove these functions from the process on the press and it works really well. LEE powder loader works well, disk setup. Can load about 250-300 rounds an hour after they’ve been pre primed. Not really a totally progressive setup, but better than my single stage. Gripes, the f***ing lamp cord line breaks easily and often, albeit is cheap and easy to replace and there are alternatives posted on YouTube with cable. Overall I’d say it’s a cheaper alternative to speed up reloading if you’re on a budget, and works if you accept the limitations. Especially for pistol rounds. Never had a Blue Bastard as I don’t shoot enough, but for a LEE man not bad at all. And their customer service has always been good to me. Not a shill just giving my report to fellow cheap (budget conscious) reloaders! Cheers fellas!

Stevo

.223, 9mm, .45ACP, .308, 7.62Tokarev, 7.62x54R, 7.62x39, .257 WbyMag, 8mm Mauser, .303 British, and 12 gauge.

Title
    Premium Member
    i had 1 i got in a buy out .ended up kicking it and gave it away.

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I got the priming to do pretty well for me, knock on wood. I just really wish it had a 4th hole so I could seat and crimp in 2 different operations.

Title
    Premium Member
    Did you have to modify anything for reliable primer feeding?

Steve

.223, 9mm, .45ACP, .308, 7.62Tokarev, 7.62x54R, 7.62x39, .257 WbyMag, 8mm Mauser, .303 British, and 12 gauge.