Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Premium Member

Lee Turret Press Tips and Tricks

I picked up a Lee Classic Turret press not too long ago and was thinking maybe we could get a tips and tricks thread started. Im knew to it but hoping you guys can help out. I need to learn and will be willing to share as I do.

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    I would love to offer some advice, but I am here to learn. My Lee turret press was supposed to be delivered today but it is not shipping until Thursday

Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwolf308 View Post
    i have loaded with a single stage for many years and have always been ok with that as I enjoy reloading and taking my time but bought a Lee Turret a while back. Haven't used it much yet but did set it up and loaded a hundred rounds each of 9, 40 and 45 just to set the dies up on the turrets. I have plenty of ammo loaded right now but once the weather turns and i can't shoot as much i will use it to resupply much faster than usual. I think I will still load 44 Mag and Rifle on the single stage. Everything worked as advertised and I am very happy with it. The link you posted looks interesting, i will have to check that out. Thanks.

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunshot View Post
    i have loaded with a single stage for many years and have always been ok with that as I enjoy reloading and taking my time but bought a Lee Turret a while back. Haven't used it much yet but did set it up and loaded a hundred rounds each of 9, 40 and 45 just to set the dies up on the turrets. I have plenty of ammo loaded right now but once the weather turns and i can't shoot as much i will use it to resupply much faster than usual. I think I will still load 44 Mag and Rifle on the single stage. Everything worked as advertised and I am very happy with it. The link you posted looks interesting, i will have to check that out. Thanks.
    I am getting ready to invest in the inline fabrication kicker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwolf308 View Post
    I agree 100%.

Nul Bastardo Carborundum. 48th Assault Helicopter Company (Dong Ha) UH-1C gunships, I corps Vietnam (JOKERS)

Title
    I no longer use a lee turret but... when I did, order a few more nylon squares that slide on to the main turning shaft, they strip/break easily..

Shit happens... then you die.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef E View Post
    I no longer use a lee turret but... when I did, order a few more nylon squares that slide on to the main turning shaft, they strip/break easily..

I've loaded thousands of rounds on mine and I'm still on the original part. Mine came with an extra one but I haven't needed it yet. Lucky I guess. Probably is a good idea to get extras. they stopped supporting the turret model I have. I've loaded 45 colt, 45 ACP, 9mm, 38, .223, 300 blackout, and .308 on mine. It was my first press. Clean and lube the ram, lube the inside of the turret ring/outside of turret head. If it doesn't rotate freely don't force it. I always took the rotation bar out for loading rifle and used it as a single stage. Since then I have a LM dedicated to 9mm, Pro1000 for 45acp, single stage for decapping/bullet pulling and a Lyman 8 hole turret for .338LM, .308 and blackout. I still use the lee turret for the other calibers. It has been a very reliable machine.

Title
    Premium Member
    i remove the auto index and turn the turret by hand. also add led lighting.

Title
    Premium Member
    My turret wasn't quite locking into position when I pulled the handle. I would have to move it slightly by hand to get it into position most of the time. I smeared a thin coat of grease on the inside of the turret and now it works perfect. I don't know why I didn't think of something so simple sooner.