Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

Lee Turret Press Tips and Tricks

I picked up a Lee Classic Turret press not too long ago and was thinking maybe we could get a tips and tricks thread started. Im knew to it but hoping you guys can help out. I need to learn and will be willing to share as I do.

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    I would love to offer some advice, but I am here to learn. My Lee turret press was supposed to be delivered today but it is not shipping until Thursday

Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwolf308 View Post
    i have loaded with a single stage for many years and have always been ok with that as I enjoy reloading and taking my time but bought a Lee Turret a while back. Haven't used it much yet but did set it up and loaded a hundred rounds each of 9, 40 and 45 just to set the dies up on the turrets. I have plenty of ammo loaded right now but once the weather turns and i can't shoot as much i will use it to resupply much faster than usual. I think I will still load 44 Mag and Rifle on the single stage. Everything worked as advertised and I am very happy with it. The link you posted looks interesting, i will have to check that out. Thanks.

Title
    I no longer use a lee turret but... when I did, order a few more nylon squares that slide on to the main turning shaft, they strip/break easily..

Shit happens... then you die.

Title
    Premium Member
    i remove the auto index and turn the turret by hand. also add led lighting.

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunshot View Post
    i have loaded with a single stage for many years and have always been ok with that as I enjoy reloading and taking my time but bought a Lee Turret a while back. Haven't used it much yet but did set it up and loaded a hundred rounds each of 9, 40 and 45 just to set the dies up on the turrets. I have plenty of ammo loaded right now but once the weather turns and i can't shoot as much i will use it to resupply much faster than usual. I think I will still load 44 Mag and Rifle on the single stage. Everything worked as advertised and I am very happy with it. The link you posted looks interesting, i will have to check that out. Thanks.
    I am getting ready to invest in the inline fabrication kicker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member
    My turret wasn't quite locking into position when I pulled the handle. I would have to move it slightly by hand to get it into position most of the time. I smeared a thin coat of grease on the inside of the turret and now it works perfect. I don't know why I didn't think of something so simple sooner.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have mine setup for 458 Socom, 50 Beowulf, 223 Rem, 45 Colt, 44 Mag, and 38 Special. Love this press. As mentioned above order a few extras of the Square Ratchets. I have not broke one yet. I have sprayed the Index rod with Kano Dryphite to help keep it slick. I use Mobile 1 full synthetic to lube the ram and all linkages. About 2-3 drops on the ram every 500-600 loaded rounds.

Also, I will be spraying the inside of the turret with Dryphite instead of grease.

https://leeprecision.com/square-ratchet.html
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/96...-10-oz-aerosol

Currently reloading for .380 ACP, 9MM,327 Federal Mag, 38 Special, .357 Mag, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, .458 Socom, .223 Remington, 22-250,7MM Remington Mag, 30-06 and 340 Weatherby Mag, 50 Beowolf

Title
    Premium Member
    The Lee classic Turret was my first press. I still use it regularly for 223, 300 BO and prepping operations. It just a handy tool IMHO. I suggest a couple of blasts of brake cleaner in the spent primer hole in the ram to wash out the crud that collects in there.