Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: Mandrel dies

Title
    Premium Member

Mandrel dies

So I have been watching a few youtube videos that are using Sinclair mandrel dies to size the neck after a full length resize. Removing the expander ball from the FL die theb using the mandrel die to expand the neck. These dies supposedly size the neck to .001 under buller size for a more concentric neck and better neck tension. Does anyone have any experience with these dies? I am looking at getting a set for 223 and 308 and 300win once i build my custom hunter.

Title
    Premium Member
    I hope someone chimes in I’ve been considering the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have the K&M Precision expander mandrel die and mandrels with my neck turning kit. I sometimes use the mandrels for .223 when I FL resize because my Lee FL .223 leaves the neck tension very tight, almost so tight it deforms the tips as I seat them. I mostly use the mandrels to expand the necks so I can turn them.

"Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    They sound like a good way to get consistant neck tension vs the expander ball on the FL sizer