Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E75bug View Post
    I've only used corn cob media. Is walnut bedding really better? Willing to try, I do like the nufinish results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    I have all three methods. Wet tumble and walnut are very good cleaners. I use corn cob media for the ultimate shine if desired. Picture attached is wet tumble only for 2 hours. All three methods work great though. 20180909_133208-1.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E75bug View Post
    I've only used corn cob media. Is walnut bedding really better? Willing to try, I do like the nufinish results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    The pet bedding works really good to clean brass if you use the walnut. Corn cob polishes better but if you decide to use pet bedding only use the walnut. The cob pet bedding is smaller then brass cob cleaner and it will get stuck in your brass cases and in the primer pocket. It’s a bitch to clean out. I tried the cob pet bedding and had to use a small punch to get the cob out of about 3/4’s of my cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I sonic clean work my brass then use my Lyman vibratory tumbler. My preference and works well. Pic is from brass I shot today after 15 minutes in Sonic Cleaner.

Title
    Premium Member
    Looks good bud [emoji106]
    Quote Originally Posted by Clopez View Post
    I sonic clean work my brass then use my Lyman vibratory tumbler. My preference and works well. Pic is from brass I shot today after 15 minutes in Sonic Cleaner.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingrich09 View Post
    I wet tumble range brass without media just some dawn for about an hour just to clean the dirt. I dry them in my toaster oven then do all my processing; resize, deprime, and flare my pistol brass. Then back into the wet tumbler with media, dawn, and lemishine for a couple hours. Then back in the toaster oven and it’s time to make some pews.

This is exactly what I do!

Title
    Premium Member
    If your grabbing very dirty and corroded range brass wet tumbling is the way to get it done , the process of wet tumbling has a few extra steps but the final clean is worth it .
    I wet tumble when I first get range brass but then just use cob for the next few tumblings and then wet tumble again